Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CURRENT VALUES ON GEAR - GO 2 EBAY

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by luknfur, Feb 26, 2004.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I saw 3 posts on this page today inquiring about bass values so I thought I'd just post that the best source I know for current values on any gear is ebay under completed items, since this what people are actually paying and something is only worth what someone will actually cough up the coin for. Prepal.com is good for some electronics (like pedals, preamps, etc.) cause they track (ebay I guess) and keep running tabs of current values, average them, and tell you if the trend is going up or down, and how many items have been averaged.

Anybody know of any other good sources?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i find some gear review sits to be good. harmony-central reviews, and just check what people payed.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh harmony central is probably the best overall site I've found for reviews on gear, and do pay attention to what people have paid if I'm up thinking of buying. Often the reviews are years old so it gives you some idea of the stability of resale.

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    for common items, I agree with you, ebay is a good resource for getting an idea of resale values. If you're selling a P bass, you'll have a good idea of what to list it for.

but their 'completed items' search only goes back two weeks or so, so for rarer items it's hard to tell.