1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cursed Red Ric?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by acook, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Hey I some how (i honestly have no idea how :p) found a article on a Cursed Red Rickenbacker...

http://www.bluesband.com/mopac-redric.htm

I don't no about the curse (don't really believe in heaven hell or anything in between :p) but that is one hell of a beautiful bass!! I want one so bad, The looks are amazing and the background story from that website would just add another level to the bass :D

I was wondering what people know about this model or got any stories about it, even though I don't believe in things like that it is always an interesting read :D

- Acook

2. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    maybe it's the devil's own bass. i always knew that dude was too cool for a mere guitar.

3. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    Haha! If that's true about everyone who played it going mad, thats one freaky bass.

Anyone else feel wierdly compelled to play it now?

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Urban Legend i tell you!

5. lol, i want it

6. OtterOnBass

OtterOnBass

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    If some items didn't repeatedly have bad luck, there would be something wrong with our statistical sciences.

Plus, everyone would want things that people had died using, because then they would be safe. :) :confused:

or, if immortal spirits exist, a lifetime would pass like a :30 min tv show and they could take interest in following objects, or the activities of a single place, instead of chasing around short-lived people.:ninja:

7. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    "Nobody knows where the bass came from"

I know where it came from.

8. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I want to just so i can prove the superstition wrong. but with my luck it would probably explode and kill me :meh:

9. If i ever get possesed by a bass i want it to be by that one :p

10. i all of a sudden want a completely red and black bass lol.........

Wowwwww, i havent had this bad of a GAS attack, well, ever........

11. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    Bass of destiny!!!!!!

12. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

isn't there an actual website about red ric's?

13. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yay! We bass players finally get our own urban legend/creepy ghost story. This
    is way better than the haunted Flying V guitar story that I've heard in the past.
    I love it. I love good folks tales and legends and how cool is a strange tale of a
    Red Ric bass that brings misfortune to all that would dare to own it. Awesome tale!

14. pgnbstrd

pgnbstrd Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Metro Detroit Michigan
    I had one. had it for about two years, never really got a good tone out of it for the band i was in. sold it. The guy who bought it from me had it for about a week, and the strap pegs gave loose. good buy neck..
    Shame it was a beautiful bass.

15. http://cgi.ebay.com/1986-Rickenback...oryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The last answered question, could it be? :eek:

Slick looking bass, cursed or not...

16. No!! American shipping only!!

17. droskobass

droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    I didn't believe the myth either, then I realized that Rick James had a red Rick.

'nuff said.

18. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I just sold my lefty one. Pretty magical bass, but not cursed in any way.

Attached Files:

19. deargdoom

deargdoom

Feb 10, 2008
    I bought Lefty007's bass and he's right, it's magical. Nice fat sound.

red2.

red3.

I'm beginning to think it's the only Red lefty ric ever made. No one else seems to have one. I've also noticed 2 small horn-like protrusions growing on my forehead.