Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CURSIVE

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by frankencow150, Apr 18, 2003.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Does anyone here like Cursive? I've never seen them spoken about on here...well yeah...if you haven't heard them you're really missing out. I shouldn't even have to explain how much this band owns every other band. If you haven't heard them, go download: the recluse, the martyr, tempest, ahh any song. Better yet, go buy any of their albums.

Ok so any other Cursive fans here?

2. Spanqubus

Spanqubus

Apr 28, 2003
    Hell yeah man, love the new album. Sorry I just found this. Think they are great with the cello and everything. They have some really great bass lines too!

3. I wouldnt say they "own every other band" but they definitely rock hard. One of, if not the last great emo band. Im listening to them right now, actually. If you guys like Cursive, check out:
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    At The Drive-In
    Sparta
    Further Seems Forever
    Mineral
    Death Cab For Cutie

4. They're okay, I never really go into them.

I highly reccommend Lungfish to everyone and I need to add The Mars Volta and Husker Du to Sir Ryan's list.

5. i haven't listened to "the ugly organ" yet, but i heard "domestica" a few times and wasn't blown away. they're good, not great.

6. Spanqubus

Spanqubus

Apr 28, 2003
    I didn't know about them until I heard The Ugly Organ. I didn't really like any of the songs on the older albums when I listened to them. The only one I really liked off the old albums, don't really know which one, was The Lement of Pretty Baby.

7. If i thought they fit in with the other bands on the list, I would have already mentioned The Mars Volta because they really do own every other band. Does anybody know about any TMV tourdates?

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Check out the TMV site, they're on tour with RHCP right now but during their summer their during their own tour with smaller venues (can't wait for that!). Their sound FX guy, he was a member of the band and everything, just died. It sucks, I really hope they keep touring.