1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cursor Spasms

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jackajesusfreak, Apr 15, 2010.

1. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    After my laptop has been on awhile, often when I'm typing the cursor will jump all over screen. Anyone suffer from this and might know a fix?

Jack

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Are you bumping the pointing device?

3. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    This might sound stupid, but check whether your wrist or sleeve isn't accidentally touch the touchpad of your laptop while you type.

4. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Yeah, sounds like you're rubbing the touchpad. Disable it and see what happens.

5. It is possessed.

6. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    ^^ Or that. Better get a priest in as well, just in case.

7. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    Duh! :oops:

8. Do you use a separate mouse or just the built-in touchpad? If it's a separate LED mouse, sometimes some fuzz or hair (especially if you have a cat around) will get up into the LED hole and the reflected light will cause the cursor to go mad.

9. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    That's what They want you to think! But really, They're in that touch pad, spying on him! Why do you think I don't use a laptop? Reagan started a conspiracy to put cameras in touch pads, but they never perfected the tech man! It causes glitches some times, but They just tell you it's your fault. The more you blame yourself, the less you're looking over your shoulder for Them!

10. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    Too much talk radio! ;)

11. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    It has epilepsy. Best to just put it down.

12. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Win

my mouse on the laptop sometimes just goes to the top of the screen and stays there. I just unplug it and plug it back in.

But yeah, if its only when you are typing i assume you are just leaning on the touch pad..