1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Curt Mangans, anyone?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by moopants, Jan 6, 2007.

1. moopants

moopants

Oct 21, 2006
    Lake Charles, LA
    I bought some flats for my fretless, and they sound great. They give a nice mwah to the tone. I bought some rounds for when I need them for the 6. I've never heard of anyone using them except for the guy who sold them to me, and he has them on all his basses. Has anyone heard of them or have used them?

2. The Craw

The Craw

Jul 31, 2006
    I tried a set of rounds. Okay but nothing special. Not good enough to make me consider dropping Super Slinkys.

3. I've used them before and like them...the rounds that is.
    I still use Highbeams but for the cost of the Mangans you cant beat them. The local music shop sells them and sells alot of them so I guess that is a good indicator.

4. moopants

moopants

Oct 21, 2006
    Lake Charles, LA
    Hey, groov'ster, I live in Lake Charles, too. I got mine from LCM. Tim thinks really highly of them.

5. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    That company sponsors a friends band.

6. Cool...always good to hear from another local bass brother. Yea Tim introduced me to them and they are good. I actually had a similar thread to this quite some time ago but only got a few replies. All in all they are still good strings.