1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Curtis Novak PB-CC precision pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by moonbass-de, Oct 11, 2016.

1. moonbass-de

moonbass-de Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Price:
    $79
    IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0808.JPG
    A fantastic pickup but I want something different, as new, long Leeds, yours for shipped conus PayPal $79
    Here is what Curtis says:
    This is a WAY cool new design I came up with. It has some of the design characteristics and tone of a Charlie Christian guitar pickup. Like a Charlie Christian, I use a heavier than standard gauge wire (38awg). This creates a much fatter coil, as you can see in the pictures, with a much lower resistance. I also am using P-90 style bar magnets rather than a standard Rod magnet.

These 2 features create a VERY FAT tone that over drives well, and creates very nice growl. But most importantly using the heavier gauge wire gets you all this without the extra midranges that most other over wound pickups give.

NOTE: This pickup is much taller than the stock P Bass pickup, but this requires NO mods and will fit in a stock P Bass route.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Orange Caesar and SirMjac28 like this.
  2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i've got one of these installed in my '57ri Precision , and it sounds killer !!
    :cool:

SirMjac28 likes this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I have been raving about these pickups for a few years Curtis builds high quality stuff.

4. moonbass-de

Aug 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    They are fantastic! Price drop to $79 as they come from Curtis, without covers!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  5. moonbass-de

Aug 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    IMG_0871.JPG IMG_0872.JPG And more pics

6. moonbass-de

Aug 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Price lowered, they need a new home!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021