SOLD Custom 2006 Alembic Elan 5, excellent condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by herrdruhl, Apr 29, 2018.

1. herrdruhl

herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello, recently acquired this bass in a trade, but decided to flip it as I don't play out anymore and don't need it. Great bass for you plectrum players out there, has jam band vibe but also good for rock, metal. Awesome aesthetics, powerful sound and decent balance with this body shape. I will also include a 1/4 inch wrench for truss adjustments. Details from previous owner quoted below:

"I'm offering up my one of a kind custom Alembic Elan 5 string. Like all Alembic basses the craftsmanship is second to none and the playability is first rate. It has the Signature Electronics Package coupled with a very formidable P/J pickup combination. The tone is classic Alembic and it can sound like John Entwistle or Jimmy Johnson even though I can't. ;)

It's finished in a rich transparent deep green color that can look quite different depending on the lighting. The fingerboard is a beautiful piece of Ebony with oval MOP inlays. There are no dings, dents, chips or scratches of any kind on the bass. It's condition is virtually mint with just some very slight wear on the pickup covers. The string spacing at the bridge is 16.5mm and it weighs in at 10 pounds 13 ounces on my digital scale. The scale is 34". It comes with it's original vintage style G&G hard shell case that's also in excellent condition as well as it's Original Alembic Build Sheet.

One thing to add in the interest of full disclosure. When I originally received the bass the string spacing was not even, the D string saddle was cut so that the string was a little to close to the G string. I re-cut the D string saddle to correct this and I also purchased a new saddle from Alembic with the intention of replacing it. If you look close you can see this in the photo of the bridge. I just never got around to it but this new saddle will be included with the bass. The bass is fully functional as it is and this would just be a cosmetic improvement."

$3000 shipped anywhere in continental USA. International shipping extra. No trades please.

Serial: 06Cxxxx
    Model number: CLB5
    Model Name: Custom
    Top: Flame Maple
    Accent Wood: Walnut - Maple
    Body Wood: Ash
    Neck Woods: Maple - Walnut
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    Inlays: Mother of Pearl
    Electronics: Signature with PJ2
    ELAN Body

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. Bassmann79

Bassmann79

Mar 7, 2015
    Always wanted to play an Elan (Thanks to Newsted)..GLWTS!

tommyr01 likes this.
  3. jazzyvee

jazzyvee

Aug 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Awesome bass and with signature electronics it's gonna have a great tone shaping abilities. I hope you find a buyer.

herrdruhl likes this.
  4. very nice , i'll bet it sounds awesome.

herrdruhl likes this.
  5. herrdruhl

herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    Price drop, wayyyy below what it cost to build.

mb94952 likes this.
  6. herrdruhl

herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    Puyallup, WA
    On hold pending $$.