1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom 4 String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by otisduo, Oct 12, 2013.

1. otisduo

otisduo

Sep 12, 2013
    Erie, PA

Here we have a killer Fender/Musicman Style Custom 4 String Bass for sale.

I assembled it (electronics installed by local music store guitar technician) from several unique parts. 1. Mahogany Body with a Wenge Top
    2. Warmoth Solid Indian Rosewood Precision Bass Neck
    3. Black Chrome Fender Neck Back Plate
    4. Seymour Duncan Musicman SMB-4Ds with STC-3M3 Tone Circuit
    5. Babciz Black Chrome FCH (Full Contact Hardware) 4 String Bass Bridge (provides 50 times more contact surface compared to a traditional saddle)
    6. Black Chrome Fender Style Tuners
    7. Fender Chrome Strap Locks
    8. Chrome Fender String Tree
    9. DR Fat Beams 45-105
    10. Vintage Tweed Hardshell Case

When you first pick this bass up, you know you're holding a BASS. This bass weighs in at a hefty 10.6 pounds, but when you're wearing her on a strap, you'd never know it. This is a brown bass, in nearly sense of the word. From the Dark Chocolate Wenge Top, to the rich swirled brown of the Solid Indian Rosewood neck (with rosewood fretboard), the only part of her that isn't brown is the rich reddish mahogany body. I've seen a lot of mahogany, and this swirled beauty takes the cake, hands down. I've never seen mahogany with this wood grain, before, ever.

This bass has killer tone, tone, tone, and plays awesome. The action is nice and low, and you can play any style, with many variations in tone. The low end is killer, the mid range and highs are awesome- this bass has it all. Very, very musical tone.

Unfortunately for me, I must pay bills, and thus she must go. I've only played this bass maybe a dozen times at practice, and have not gigged with her. I'm sad to see her go, but go she must, and to a good home where she will be played, played, played!!!

Asking $750 (spent about $1100 just a few months ago to put her together)
    Comes with Hardshell Case (not the one it's pictured in) with a nice compartments for strings, strap, cord, etc. Throwing in a Brand New Fender Strap.

Please direct all inquiries to my email @: otisduo@me.com

***FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA***

***International Buyers Welcome. All associated Shipping, Duty, and Tax Costs will be your responsibility, thanks.***

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/guitarist.gif

Attached Files:

2. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Cool bass. How does that MM pup sound in that position? I bet she's a serious thumper.

3. otisduo

otisduo

Sep 12, 2013
    Erie, PA
    Tons of Low End, for sure!!

4. otisduo

otisduo

Sep 12, 2013
    Erie, PA
    SOLD