1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom 50's classic Pbass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 68Goldfish, Jul 27, 2012.

1. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Check this out! On the chopping block is a custom P bass that I've put together. It started life as a 50's classic precision bass, which if you don't know is a mexican version of the American 57ri Pbass. Then as you can see I had it routed for a jazz bridge pickup which is a dimarzio ultra jazz. It's wired as VVT with the stacked pot bieng the volume controlls for both pickups. All of the thunderous P bass sound with the added bite of the J pickup. Then I added an allparts bound and blocked neck with ultralight tuners on it. The neck is 1.5 at the nut with what I can tell is a slightly thicker front to back profile. it's a little chunkier than the Jazz neck on my roadworn jazz neck but the action is what I consider low with no dead spots that I can tell. There are a couple of cosmetic issues. At one time a previous owner relocated the rear strap button so there's a hole a little above the stock location which is where the button is now. There are some very light scratches in the finish of the fretboard between the 18th and 19th frets where the guy that installed the neck must have sanded through his masking tape or something when he was working on the frets. And I allways thought that the finish on fretboard, while super glossy is a little wavy, asif it needed to be wet sanded to make it perfectly smooth. All of this is nothing that you can see unless your staring right at it. I've got probalby allmost 6 bills in all of the mods on this thing. I'd like to get 700 dollers plus shipping on this one. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like on this one. It will ship in a rather beat up fender hardshell case.
    DSCF1094.
    DSCF1095.
    DSCF1099.
    DSCF1098.
    DSCF1096.

2. 68Goldfish

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    Saturday morning bump.

3. 68Goldfish