1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom 77 China Girl Bass - Gibson EB0 Copy. Lets get this manufactured again!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DennyP, Mar 9, 2013.

1. DennyP

DennyP

Mar 9, 2013
    Hello all,

The purpose of this post is to educate the community about this bass - who are fans of the Gibson EB0 for a good price and willing to try something else than an Epiphone:

http://www.custom77.com/html/China_Girl___Basse-553-prd.html

They've JUST (2 days ago) discontinued this guitar due to having no demand - I think most of the problem is due because nobody knows these basses exist!

I've inquired about it and Custom 77 said that now that they've discontinued it - there is lots of demand.

So if you're interested you can give them an email - sort of like a petition ;)

Cheers

2. Looks like a very well made copy and the price, 447.00$ CDN would
    make it a better deal than the Epiphone. It is a short scale like the EB-3 or Gibson SG. Have to import it from France though , no way to try it first hand.

3. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    This looks like a thinly disguised ad.

Read the forum rules.

Obviously something fishy here.

Looks cheaply made.

Let's see how this thread pans out...

:rollno:

4. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Aug 12, 2005
    Willow Street, PA
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Gotta be the worst choice for a headstock I've ever seen. Nice looking copies till you get to that headstock.

Ghastly likes this.
  5. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here?? Could you spell it out in plain english? :D

As for the bass, meh. Looks like any other EB-3 to me, and for the price I'd pay just trying to import one, I could probably get 2 Epi's.

gebass6 likes this.
  6. DennyP

DennyP

Mar 9, 2013
    Hey here I am again.

Wasn't trolling but more educating cause in my humble opinion it's a more decent EB-0 copy (A headstock is a headstock) for the price range similar to Epiphone. Anyway I've settled down with a P-bass jajajajaja

7. The Wiz

The Wiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Pomona
    I actually kinda like the headstock :) at least its something new... Looks cool but by the time i payed to import it I could probably just buy a gibson SG bass :(

8. If they start making it again and trying to sell it in the US, I hope Gibson slaps them hard with a company-destroying lawsuit. And I'm not a Gibson fan or backer of tradition typically. Are you sure that isn't the real reason they stopped making them?

TB isn't the best place to gather petition signatures for a copy of a marginally-enjoyed bass. There's a handful of Gibson fans, and fewer EB0 fans here; not enough to gather for an off-brand copy.

And yes, your original post is very troll-like.

9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Tough crowd!
    I don't see this as a troll thread at all. It was informative and made me aware of a brand I never heard of. Personally, that's much of my goal in spending time on TalkBass. It's like a NAMM show on my IPhone!
    Carry on... Lets see 1000 more "J vs. P" threads to bore us to distraction!

10. GuitarGuardian

GuitarGuardian

Feb 13, 2017
    It is a finely made bass,I took the leap.... and love it.