1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Custom Alembic 5 String - LEDs - Amazing!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Feb 6, 2017.

1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Price:
    $3250.00
    Strings:
    This is a one of a kind Custom Alembic 5 String that was built in 1998. It's an amazing instrument in every way and it's in very good shape for being 19 years old. There are a few very small dents on the body and headstock but certainly nothing to really detract from it's beauty or affect it's playability in any way. I'd love to keep it but financial constraints and some very expensive home repairs dictate that I need to let it go.

The tone of this instrument is to die for. It can sound like the Hammer Of The Gods or the voice of Entwhistle if you want it to. The Alembic Signature preamp is infinitely variable and you can literally dial in any kind of tone you can imagine. The Dual Spilt P Alembic pickups are nothing like your everyday P bass pickups. They have a tremendously commanding tone with both warmth and edge as well as great sonic complexity all at the same time. The bass sounds huge!

Please open a private conversation with me if you have any questions rather than posting them here in the thread. Posted questions will be politely ignored.

Here are the specs:

serial number: 98C11883
    model name: Custom
    model number: CLB5
    body: Solid Mahogany
    neck: 5-piece Maple with 4 Walnut pinstripes
    scale: 34"
    fingerboard: Ebony
    inlays: None
    side markers: Red LEDs
    body shape: Vector
    finish: Opaque Arctic White
    pickups: Alembic 2 P
    controls: "Signature" Volume, Pan, Filter x2, Q-Switch x2, Mono Output
    birthday: November 20, 1998
    case: Black G&G Vintage Style (in Mint Condition)

$3,250.00 OBO - Plus Actual FedEx Ground Shipping

I'm not interested in trades unless I can get at least $1,500 cash out of the deal.

IMG_2950. IMG_2951. IMG_2953. IMG_2965. IMG_2954. IMG_2955. IMG_2956. IMG_2957. IMG_2959. IMG_2966. IMG_2968. IMG_2967. IMG_2969. IMG_2971.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Very cool bass at a great price. GLWTS.

3. Woah, Alembic double P fiver?! :jawdrop:

4. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Now officially "On Hold" pending receipt of funds!