Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom amp makers???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Dec 18, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm thinking about havig a tube power amp made for me, but don't know were to go.. if anyone has any info please let me know

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Well, technically I could do it for you, but it would cost you an ASSLOAD of $$$... ;)

I'm sure somebody will come around with some info to help you out soon. There may even be some people on the board that would custom build given the appropriate motivation...;) Good luck. Later---

3. Build one yourself? ;)

I'd help you out but like ChenNutts said it can get pricey... And i'm in Australia so nurrr. lol

Try here, I am a regular there but many of them may be able to help, some may be in your area.

http://www.dutchforce.com/~eforum/index.php

:D:D

Merls

4. What Psycho said about sums it up. I'll do it for $2800. :D

Chris

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ummmm.......I think i'm going to go with Aguilar 728. WHat does everyone think of Aguilar stuff? I'll be running it with an alembic F1 pre and two EA CxL-110's. Will the 400watt Agular be loud enough for the two cabs?

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    just thought I could get around the HUGE fouur rack space Aguilar at the same price

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Which is the best tube power amp out there?