1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Custom bass body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Marktime, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Marktime

Marktime Supporting Member

May 3, 2010
    Price:
    Have a custom bass body amber top red dye back with oil finish. Not sure as to wood . Not perfect but nice looking
    Great deal

65 plus shipping cost

Attached Files:

bassdude51 likes this.
  2. onamission

onamission Supporting Member

Neck pocket dimensions? Is there a cover for the control cavity?

BioWeapon likes this.
  3. Would also like to know...

4. Looks like a MPG 4 (Matt Pulcinella)....

5. Marktime

May 3, 2010
    No cover plate and neck pocket is narrow would have to be enlarged for say a fender neck
    Think is a refinished import bass
    No idea as to brand. Person I purchased from had used dyed and Truoil

6. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    It's similar, but the top horn would extend a bit more and the bottom shape is off.

7. Marktime

May 3, 2010
    Neck pocket is at 2 7/16 and would have to be sanded to accept a fender neck. This was a project I received from a person on reverb. It looks like it has never been compteted in that neck and bridge have never been installed. There is a small crack that looks like part of the original top wood on the longer horn on top. Finish covers most of it and it would be more of a quality of the wood not a crack.

8. PawleeP

PawleeP

Oct 8, 2012
    East Coast
    what kind of wood?

9. Marktime

May 3, 2010
    This is a project bass body I purchased off of Reverb. I do not believe it has ever been used yet. Has been dyed amber on the front and red on the back. Wood type is unknown. Finished with tru oil. Has a small crack on front wood top that looks like the way the wood was when built. ( near top horn front side). Could be a fun project. I say it weighs around 4.5 lbs.

10. Marktime

May 3, 2010
  11. Marktime

May 3, 2010
    More detail as to wood cracks. These are part of the wood prior to the lamination and has been sanded smooth and finished by the builder. There is one small ding on the side. Still a very pretty looking bass. The cracks are solid and glued and finished under many coats of tru oil ( very pretty finish).

12. Bass Thunder

Bass Thunder Supporting Member

PM sent.