Custom Bass Build!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ok Ladies and Gents here are my ideas.

I am starting to take a look into warmoth to build my ultimate dream bass but as you can imagine this is a work in progress so for the next little while I will be searching the net for ideas and updating this thread as we go.

First I would like to outline the goal:

To own my dream bass:

P bass body
    - single split p pickup (manufacture unknown)

J bass neck
    - tung oil finish

4 string fretless

Natural finish as plan and clean as possible
    - no picguard
    - no knobs (if I can find a source for a bridge that I saw once that had a knob on the side of it and am able to set it up to controll tone that would be idea)

Below I am posting some ideas that I have found on warmoth to give you an idea of what I am looking for.

Jotoba on Alder, Rear Routed, P.B X J.B Pickup Routing, Drilled For Gotoh 201, Your Choice Jack

I love this top, the figure and the color is just breath taking however as I said above I would like a P body and just a single pickup.

Maple/Ebony, 1-1/2 in. Nut Width, Standard Thin Contour, Fretless Fret Wire, Straight 10" Radius, Drilled For BML

This is the exact neck I am looking for. So beautiful.

I would like the bass to have all black hardware but I am still looking into manufactures.

Well, that is my dream bass any advice or opinions please post! Thanks for reading!
  2. L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Sounds like you already have all the main decisions made, sounds nice! I just put in an order with them myself for a dream bass of mine, so I know how you feel right now. Good luck with the project, maybe we can find a wait support group in the meantime!
  3. Check out some of hipshots hardware, I think youll be impressed.