Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Bass Build!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silent method, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ok Ladies and Gents here are my ideas.

I am starting to take a look into warmoth to build my ultimate dream bass but as you can imagine this is a work in progress so for the next little while I will be searching the net for ideas and updating this thread as we go.

First I would like to outline the goal:

To own my dream bass:

P bass body
    - single split p pickup (manufacture unknown)

J bass neck
    - tung oil finish

4 string fretless

Natural finish as plan and clean as possible
    - no picguard
    - no knobs (if I can find a source for a bridge that I saw once that had a knob on the side of it and am able to set it up to controll tone that would be idea)

Below I am posting some ideas that I have found on warmoth to give you an idea of what I am looking for.

Body:
    [​IMG]
    Jotoba on Alder, Rear Routed, P.B X J.B Pickup Routing, Drilled For Gotoh 201, Your Choice Jack

I love this top, the figure and the color is just breath taking however as I said above I would like a P body and just a single pickup.

[​IMG]
    Maple/Ebony, 1-1/2 in. Nut Width, Standard Thin Contour, Fretless Fret Wire, Straight 10" Radius, Drilled For BML

This is the exact neck I am looking for. So beautiful.

I would like the bass to have all black hardware but I am still looking into manufactures.

Well, that is my dream bass any advice or opinions please post! Thanks for reading!

2. L-1329

L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Sounds like you already have all the main decisions made, sounds nice! I just put in an order with them myself for a dream bass of mine, so I know how you feel right now. Good luck with the project, maybe we can find a wait support group in the meantime!

3. Check out some of hipshots hardware, I think youll be impressed.

~Ryan