custom bass in the works...the wait...THE WAIT!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xbradx, Jun 9, 2005.

1. xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    as the subject states, i've got a new bass in the works and the wait for the parts is maddening! lol :D

here's the vintage P body:

it should be here in the next couple of days. and just placed my orders for the rest of the parts:

Allparts Roeswood/pearl block jazz neck
    Graphtech nut
    Gotoh vintage style tuners
    Guitar Parts Resource P-bass wiring kit
    Allparts b/w/b pickguard

the only thing i've never done is install a nut, just gotta figure out what kind of glue to use, everything else should be cake! :bassist:
    also gotta decide on pickups. i've got an older fender MIM pickup from the early '90's i can slap in temporarily.
    was thinking about either QP's or some of the fender "original" replacements:
  2. have you posted in the custom bass wait support group thread? there are people waiting for basses for 3+years in there. mine's a maddening 4-5 month wait. it'll be worth it when it's over, though.
  3. xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    no, not yet. luckily, mine's not a completely custom, just various parts i'm gathering to put together myself, so the wait's only going to be about a week or so until i get all the parts. :hyper:
  4. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA

maybe we should start a DIY Custom Bass Parts Wait Support Group...

I'm waiting on delivery of a custom body to make a frankenbass out of. :hyper:
  5. JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    I've been waiting 5-6 months so far for my custom Celinder vintage-5, and it's still 1½ month away... but they're throwing in a matching headstock for free so I'm still a happy camper... but we wants it!!!