Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

custom bass in the works...the wait...THE WAIT!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xbradx, Jun 9, 2005.

1. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    as the subject states, i've got a new bass in the works and the wait for the parts is maddening! lol :D

here's the vintage P body:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7326368863

it should be here in the next couple of days. and just placed my orders for the rest of the parts:

Allparts Roeswood/pearl block jazz neck
    Graphtech nut
    Gotoh vintage style tuners
    Guitar Parts Resource P-bass wiring kit
    Allparts b/w/b pickguard

the only thing i've never done is install a nut, just gotta figure out what kind of glue to use, everything else should be cake! :bassist:
    also gotta decide on pickups. i've got an older fender MIM pickup from the early '90's i can slap in temporarily.
    was thinking about either QP's or some of the fender "original" replacements:
    http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/0992046000.jpg

2. have you posted in the custom bass wait support group thread? there are people waiting for basses for 3+years in there. mine's a maddening 4-5 month wait. it'll be worth it when it's over, though.

3. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    no, not yet. luckily, mine's not a completely custom, just various parts i'm gathering to put together myself, so the wait's only going to be about a week or so until i get all the parts. :hyper:

4. klocwerk

klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA

maybe we should start a DIY Custom Bass Parts Wait Support Group...
    ^_^

I'm waiting on delivery of a custom body to make a frankenbass out of. :hyper:

5. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    I've been waiting 5-6 months so far for my custom Celinder vintage-5, and it's still 1½ month away... but they're throwing in a matching headstock for free so I'm still a happy camper... but we wants it!!!