Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Bass Wait Support Group Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thewanderer24, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Hi my name is Chad, and I am a bass-oholic.

OK, I ordered a Sadowsky, NYC in Mid June. I don't know how I am gonna hold out (hopefully only) another 4 1/2 months to get my baby.

It's a P/J standard 4, Alder/Morado, with AAA Quilt top under T-blue.

Who else is in waiting limbo for their dream axe right now??

2. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I know a guy who has been waiting over 2 years for a custom Wal, so quit your whining. :p

;)

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I'm ordering a Pedulla Buzz on Friday. I spoke with Mike last week. It's only going to take about eight weeks! Not too bad!

:D

4. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm waiting on my baby. A Fodera Imperial 5 strung EADGC. Duncan dual coils, ash body, spalted maple top, birdseye maple fretboard with ebony dot markers, macassar ebony pickup covers.

Ordered early March. I was told 4-6 months. I called BassNW in June and was told "Fodera says it's on schedule as agreed, 4-6 months". I'm coming up on the 5-month point. I'm wondering if it'll be done in 6 or not.

It's alright, man. We'll get through this. Somehow, we'll pull through ;)

5. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Question for you. Does "Waiting in limbo for parts to build said bass" count?

WOOT! I just called USACG, & my neck is in fretwork, & will probably ship in a week or so!!! Now, all I need is my pups & pre from BestBassGear, & I'm set!!!

6. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I hear ya... I ordered an MPG 4 back in May, and was told August-September for delivery... I have a feeling it'll be closer to September, but AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH! The suspense!

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    See my sig below.
    FBass BNF 5.
    Looking around October-ish.

8. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I'm with ya. I ordered a Zon "Vinny" VB4 headless in May. Delivery is mid-August. It's killing me. They tried to pacify me by sending 'infant' pics of the California Walnut top.

9. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Let's see. I decided a month ago that I need a custom fretless 6 to go with my custom fretted 6. I've talked to the luthier who is on vacation for the summer. So, I won't even be able to officially place the order until this fall. Then I expect that I won't see the bass until next spring.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. :D

10. I'm w/ all of ya....
    i order a custom bass in Mar 03.... I've been told recently that we're weeks away.

Like Xyillion says "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time"
    frank

11. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    What did you order if you don't mind me asking?

12. Another guy here has been waiting almost 3 years i believe for his Lemmy Ric.
    And i have been waiting since March for my Fretless Ric. :crying:

13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    It's the worst.
    I have ordered three custom bass.
    First two were on time, 10-12 weeks pr. bass.
    Last bass was told 3-months it took 7.

14. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I waited 6 mo's for my custom F Bass BN5. It was estimated to take 3 -6 mo's. But it took 6 mo's and one week. In teh end, it was WELL worth it. The worst part of the wait was ner the end when I knew it was close to being completed and could be shipping at any moment. That was the toughest stretch for me.

George Furlanetto kept me informed and sent progress pics. That was helpful not to mention very cool. The in-rpogress photo's made the waiting process sort of cool! It's fun watching your born being born! - Gary

15. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Yup. Waiting for a ThunderBee from Bee basses. I just picked out the flamed redwood top a few days ago. The rest is: neck through maple/purpleheart neck with gaboon ebony fretboard. We're going to give Delano quad coil pickups a try with OBP-3 preamp.

I'm ready for it NOW! ::sigh::

16. I have a Sadowsky AAAAA quilt tigers eye due in about 4 months. And something else due in about 14 months.

17. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I've got a Nordstrand that's due to start in the next batch :D
    I've waited since march for it to start though...

18. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    My new baby will include:

5 piece body, crotch black walnut, purple heart, ash,purple heart, crotch black walnut.

Neck through, 3 piece, flame maple, mahogany, flame maple, top on headstock to match topwood on body. 1 7/16" wide at the nut, 17 mm spacing at the bridge, gabon ebony fretboard.

Schaller strap locks, Hipshot detuner on the E, Hipshot machines, Hipshot double rubber o-ring knobs, all hardware in black.

And for the cherry on top, a Lightwave system.

Been waiting 8 stinkin' months, and expect to wait maybe 8 more, but I'm not complaining. It will be more than worth the wait.

19. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

Well, I'm not sure if thats cool or not!! ;)
    I'm sure it's WELL worth the wait tho...I'm up in Toronto quite a bit for work. I'm gonna pop on in and see the progress first hand some day!
    Been there to F Bass once before I ordered it. Great bunch up there.

20. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I've been waiting for my Carvin LB76F since June 11th. IT has gotten delayed so far 1.5 weeks on acocunt of they messed up the paint and have to strip it/ repaint it. it is said to be done mid this week. Gosh darn I dunno how I'd do it to wait for a high end bass to be made all those months!!! I'm having a terrible time just waiting for this one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.