1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom Build Form

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by mikeyswood, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Banned

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    Little help here guys:

Someone had a pretty good sheet for spec'ing an instrument. I am not finding it in a search.

Anybody remember where it is? Erik, Phil, Wilser or Jason did it - if I am remembering correctly...

2. Cy_Miles

Cy_Miles

Feb 3, 2005
    David King's Order forms could serve as a design list sketch. I don't think he would mind any of us using it for ideas of our own design list.

http://www.kingbass.com/longform.html
    http://www.kingbass.com/basicorder.html

(Edit: anyone who uses ideas from David Kings site, make sure you respect any copyright laws that may apply. Getting inspiration is one thing, copying is another)

3. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I just do a editable quote form in adobe currently. I have a "Specs" form done in acrobat as well, but i need to get more specific with it, before using that one. They can be saved with the changes or printed, by either me or the customer. However, they're too big to attach to this post, or I would have. If anyone wants one made, send me a PM, I won't charge you much.I make them in Adobe lifecycle.

Mike, PM me your email address and I'll send you what the forms look like.

Erik uses an excel sheet for ordering fretboards, I know that.

You could very well build one in HTML, with an HTML editor, like NVU or Kompozer, kinda like David's forms, but it dosen't necessarily have to be on a site either.