1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom build, with a twist...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joeonbass, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Joeonbass

Joeonbass

Dec 9, 2006
    Guildford, UK
    I thought it would be really fun to build my own bass. I'm cutting my own body, making my own pickups but I'm going to use an old neck.

The body is either going to stay natural or I might paint it black. the bridge, tuners, knobs etc are going to be gold. Because I'm cheating using a neck I didn't make myself I'm going to reshape the headstock and colour it to match the body. If the body stays natural I'll probabky make wood pickup covers but if the body is black maybe gold? or something...

It'll probably sound awful seeing as I've never made pickups before but I'm gonna love it anyway :)

Pics coming soon...

2. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool
    Good luck! Keep things natural, unless it's basswood or plywood :D

Gold + black = really bling and cheesey imo. I'd stick with black hardware if it's a light coloured wood. Check out the recent Valenti thread for awesome looks.

3. Joeonbass

Joeonbass

Dec 9, 2006
    Guildford, UK
    Maybe black with chrome then, or natural with black

4. thats sort of what my friends doing in his woodshop class.
    Hes making a V2 but with a neck from and old fender, hes already reshapen the headstock and has all of his holes drilled. All he needs to do is put in his electronics and paint it.