1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Custom-built "parts" P-Bass, 'burst, blocked-and-bound, gorgeous and powerful

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkyjudge, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Here is the bass, built by our own Joe Milstein .....

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1100703

It is an extremely well-built instrument and one of the best-sounding P-Basses (or P-Bass "clones") that I have ever played .... and I have been playing P-Basses since 1965 or 1966! The reasons I need to sell this bass are threefold:

1. I prefer 5-string basses

2. When I do play a 4-string, I prefer them to have two pickups (and active or active/passive electronics).

3. I just flat-out need the money!!!

I have gone over this bass with a fine-toothed comb (figuratively), and cannot find a single flaw. It weighs 8.5 lbs., balances very well on a strap, and absolutely "brings the thunder".

I paid $565 for it less than a month ago, PRICE REDUCED TO [DEL]$460[/DEL] JUST $430 WITH EITHER THE FENDER SKB HARD CASE OR FENDER TWEED GIG BAG!

Because I need $$$, no trades on this one, please!

Here's some fresh pic's (just taken this afternoon) ....

Attached Files:

2. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    here's some of the back of the bass ....

Attached Files:

3. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Here's one of the bass in the Fender case and a pic of the Kaces gig bag ....

Attached Files:

4. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

DougieBump !!

5. Lacuga

Lacuga

Mar 6, 2011
    NE Connecticut
    I was eying this bass when Joey originally put it up for sale. Just lovely. And, you've got a great seller here, folks. Can't go wrong with this one.

6. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks Denny and Lacuga .... it is truly a very nice bass, and the tone is unbelievably deep and rich, but it can "growl" with the tone control rolled-up. I adjusted it slightly for more neck relief after getting it from Joey because I "dig in" pretty hard, but this bass will also take a pretty darned low action setting, too!

7. ShirazBop

ShirazBop Gold Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    P buuuuump this beauty up!

8. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks, ShirazBop!

9. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    (see price reduction in red in my initial post)

10. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA

Bob,

I just dropped the price some more .... You can snag it for $105 less than Joey was asking for it (with no case) or $35 less then he was asking, and I will include one of a few cases or gig bags!

11. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    What can I say? This is a magnificent Bass in every way! The neck alone is worth the price of this entire masterpiece. Well Below cost! Someone is going to be very HAPPY with a true P Gem!

Cheers!

12. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Here's a bump for the weekend .... someone is getting a "steal" of a buy on this bass, why not have that be YOU??

13. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Still here ?? Whaaaaat? Bump for a masterpiece ! and a couple of extra pics...

7eba1f37.

43b1db40.

757bbb7c.

9aaec336.

14. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Thanks, Joe!

15. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Bump -- How about $430 delivered with a genuine Fender hard case or gig bag (your choice)?

16. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member

Dougie Wuggie bumpola

17. 78fenderjazz

78fenderjazz

Oct 25, 2010
    What are the "parts" in this bass? The gearpage link is dead.

18. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Joe Milstein (builder of this bass) could answer that MUCH better than I could .... Joey, are you out there checking out this thread?

Here is the info. from Joe's Gamma Custom Basses Facebook page:

The perfect bass! These are NOT Fenders, but much better IMHO. Each bass is personally assembled with unique features.

GAMMA Custom Basses are affordable, MINT and Light-weight; All made & assembled with pride, time & care.

Each GAMMA Bass (Custom Jazz or Custom Precision style) has at a minimum:
    • Brand new, 'Made in Japan', body with new electronics
    • Every part and screw is brand new
    • Gorgeous retro-style, high gloss finish
    • Quiet (noiseless), vintage style pickups (P or J)
    - (sweeter than any MIM/MIJ Fenders I have played and very comparable American-made Fenders)
    • High Quality Maple Necks with Rosewood or Maple Fret-boards
    • Brand New Chrome Open-Gear Elephant Ear Style Bass tuners (on most)
    • Brand New Vintage Style Bridge
    • Brand New White Pick-guard
    • 250K high quality pots
    • Orange Drop Capacitors (like the older Fenders)
    • Brand New Chrome Open Control Knobs -- V/V/T (Jazz) or V/T (Precision)
    • Ultra easy fingering with low action
    • All have had a pro setup with brand new strings.
    • All weigh 7.x lbs (depending on neck) -- This one is slightly heavier than that, but still in the 8.5 lb. range.
    • Sound, feel and play wonderfully!

These basses will blow away almost any MIM/MIJ Fender and pretty darn close to a MIA Fenders but without breaking the bank (a fraction of the cost) or breaking your back (all less than 8lbs).

Here's a link to that Facebook page for Gamma Bass Guitars, which has lots more infor, including some more photos and details regarding this bass ....

https://www.facebook.com/GammaBassGuitars

I hope that this helps! This bass cost me significantly more than what I am asking for it -- about 1.5x as much to be specific, when you add in the cost of either the case or gig bag(s) that I am offering with it at no additional cost.

19. Joe Milstein

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    Hey Doug, you've got most of this bass captured in your description. Yes, that is an alder body with a slightly heavier neck making it a bit over 8 lbs. That amazing neck ensemble is prob worth the price of what you are asking of the whole bass. :eek: Its a slick Gloss Amber Tinted Maple neck/headstock with the highest-quality rosewood fretboard, pearl blocks and inlays. Its a magnigficent beast. Doug is giving it away. The price is well below the cost of assembling this axe. A lot of time spent putting this P together for Doug. Its a masterpiece/one-of-a-kind, custom build.

Not sure why its still here...:confused::eyebrow:

Have a great (or not if you are atoning ;)) day!

Cheers!

Joey

20. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    See detailed info. posted by me, as well as confirmation posted by the builder this morning. The neck is worth about the asking price all by itself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.