TRADED Custom Buscanti Newport Family Reserve

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtwill1227, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Are you pbass heavy and want to pick up a great J with a few extra bells and whistles compared to a Fender jazz?

Pecan-stained neck, with a very dark rosewood fretboard. Custom inlay, custom stainless steel nut. The action is very low with little fret buzz. Just a phenomenal feeling and playing neck The bridge is a Gotah (it has sustain forever), and the tuners are Grover. Don't have a reliable scale, would put the weight at right around 9lbs.

The team at Buscanti (including talkbass's own jazzyitalian) originally built this as an active bass, but changed it to all PASSIVE on my request. It has dead quiet Seymour Duncan hot stack jazz pickups, and an additional, six-setting Varitone system that can change the tone's "flavor". The varitone can also be turned off to get just the standard jazz bass controls.

I really wanted to love this bass- it sounded killer at my band's last show, but I am just more comfortable on a pbass/precision. So this is open to trade for a 4-string, passive precision style bass. I'm open to all offers. I would put the trade value around $900. I'm willing +/- cash for the right deal, but I'm in no rush to see it go, as it sounds and looks beautiful.

I wrote up a more in-depth review here: Buscanti Newport Family Reserve
    Buscanti1.jpg Buscanti3.jpg Buscanti4.jpg Buscanti2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

So tempting! If I had the slightest need for yet another bass, I would be on this like a duck on a June bug. Very nice. Best of luck with the trade!!

jtwill1227 likes this.
  3. Arch58

Arch58 Low Frequency Thumper

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    WOW, still here? These basses are killer......

jtwill1227 likes this.
  4. cdbrewer99

cdbrewer99 Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Colorado
    I had the active version. Jazz on Roids!!

5. Some interesting offers so far, but no P-basses yet...

6. A MIJ P, a MIA P, a Lakland P, a G&l P, a custom P, a MIM P......Anybody?!?

7. Faz

Faz

Apr 8, 2008
    Jersey Shore
    I have it now.. really nice player

Arch58 likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022