Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Cirrus 5!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan2000, Jan 2, 2003.

1. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    When I first tryed a Cirrus 5, I really enjoyed the playablity sound and feel of the instrument. So I tested out a 5-string Red Maple for the weekend, and fell in love with it. Unfortuately, it had a cracked neck. So my buddy at Peavey, said he can order me a 5. I said ok, give me a call when you have the specs of the 5s. Later on that day I recieve a phone call from him raving about a custom Cirrus in a new color that changes under of light, in a blue. I never heard of a Peavey Cirrus do this let alone in a 5 that I wanted so I went with it. It came in 3-4 weeks ago, and I love it! Did great at the last show and been working great since I recieved it. Doesn't sound like any of the other Cirrus basses I've tested previously either.

The color blue itself changes only slightly to almost an deep ocean blue, what sucks about the photo is it can't show the true picture of the bass in this form. Cause I'm a horrible photographer, or just the way it came out.

:rolleyes:

2. Man that looks nice! looks like a one of a kind.

I played a 6 the other day that I would really like to have. $1900, but it played and sounded SO sweet!

I didn't know Peavey made custom Cirrus' thats awesome! Congrats, post some sound clips in the future.

3. Wow! It looks great! I love that color.

You need to post more pics!

I bet it sounds/plays great as well. Peavey has been doing a great job with that model.

Congrats!!
    Jeff

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Wow. that's a beautiful color. Enjoy that cirrus :D

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice! Is the color solid, or can you see the wood through it?

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey man, that's a great looking bass - maple boards are cool. congrats

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice bass!! What do they call that color?? I had a Peavey Millenium Plus 4 that looked similar to that, but changed color a bit more drastically than what you are describing. Just curious to see what they are calling this one, I have never seen a Cirrus like that. Me likes!!:D :cool:

8. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    Hey guys! Thanks for the comments! I'm not sure what their calling this color, perhaps Mystic Blue? Its also a solid color right through out the bass. Weirdest thing is, it sounds so much different than the other Cirrus Basses I've tryed :D

9. Probably because of the maple fretboard. Yeah, post some more pics...please!

10. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I managed to get another closer image, here ya go :)

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Probably. My ebony board Cirrus sounds very different than a maple/alder with pau ferro board, with all controls set flat.

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    The Millennium Plus that you had was probably the Harlequin Violet version. There was a Plus 5 here locally that with that color and a maple board that was pretty striking. In fact, it may still be there.

The Bass Place or more specifically, heather's leftovers, had a Cirrus listed as a neon blue on eBay that looked similar to the bass that this thread is based on.