Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Cirrus 6 Tiger Eye!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vic, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    This Custom Cirrus 6 Tiger Eye (and possibly a standard trans red Cirrus 6) is part of a special deal my local dealer got. I've been doing business with the owner for MANY years, and as a favor to me, he's agreed to pass on special pricing to TalkBass (ONLY) at this time. This basically means well below MAP, so I can't post the price here, but I can put you in touch with him to get a quote and work out the deal.

This is a brand new bass, full warranty, and he is a fully authorized Peavey dealer (for many years). Even without doing us this favor, he is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with, so I want to take this opportunity to thank him just for doing this as well.

• Mahogany body (standard is Alder)
    • Birdseye maple fingerboard (standard maple fingerboard is unfigured)
    • Finished back of the neck (standard is satin/oil finish). I can't even find this as an option available at the custom shop.
    • Hipshot gold hardware and ultralight tuners
    • Upgraded preamp with the sweepable mids (this is standard on Tiger Eye's but is an option on the custom shop if you go that route)
    It should be noted that, at least last time I checked, there is no way to order a bass like this outside of contacting Peavey directly, because you would have to start with the Tiger Eye and customize that (to get the figured veneer on the headstock). Last time I checked, there was no way to do that on the web.

This may not need to be said, but the tone and action on this bass are TO DIE FOR, so the beauty here is NOT just skin deep. I'd pick this up myself, but I just can't do the money. In fact, I'm not posting the red one yet, because I'm still trying to work that one out for myself. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More Cirrus 6 Tiger Eye Special Pictures

You can PM/email me for contact info and if you have any questions.

Disclaimer: I will NOT MAKE A PENNY if this bass sells. There is NO funky business going on here, and this was MY idea, not his. This is very simply a TalkBass special my very good friend the Peavy dealer and myself have put together. Just givin' back to the community. It's really that simple. I have plenty of well respected refs known to the TalkBass community if there's any question about it, as well.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    This is a bit of an unusual situation. Vic is simply passing on info about a great deal, so all should be OK. PM me if you have any concerns about this thread.

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Man, if I had the cash right now.............

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Amen. It sucks having to pass up a great deal on the exact bass you're after, just because you don't have the money. It's always the little things in life that get you... :smug:

5. tthomas

tthomas

Jul 26, 2004
    PM sent

6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    WOW nicest peavey ever. that neck is stunning

7. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Hey I know you want to get the red one for yourself but if you're not sure, could you post some pics? I've never seen a red Cirrus 6 before. :cool: The Tiger Eye is beautiful too!

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Here's one pic of it. The top doesn't have much figuring, especially compared to my Cirrus 5 (or some of my other basses), but it's an incredible instrument. The tone and playability continue to amaze me. I've been playing it a lot lately, even tho I'm mostly a Fiver. Click the pic for a bigger image.

[​IMG]

9. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Looks a lot like Embellishers, was a nice piece I got to try out last weekend :)

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I assume you're talking about the Tiger Eye. Yeah, except I THINK his is a 5, right? Also, he doesn't have the finished neck and his has the standard Alder body and Ebony fingerboard where this one has the Mahogany body and Birdseye Maple fingerboard upgrades, as well as the Hipshot hardware upgrade. :)

I need to call Dyke soon and see if it's even still there. I know I've routed at least 3 fairly serious queries to him and several other "tire kickers and door slammers". :)

11. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Nah, his is a 6, has finished neck and headstock veneer, and if I recall, also has hipshot hardware. I think your right about body/fingerboard woods though, not 100% on those. It was deffinantly a dark board, not birdseye maple.

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, didn't remember his was a 6, and yeah, all the Tiger's have headstock veneers, and the dark board is Ebony (which I think was the only fingerboard you could originally get on Tigers). You can get Maple on a standard Tiger now, but I don't think it's figured without ordering it custom.

However, are you sure his has a finished neck and hipshot? I thought I got a message from him saying his was the standard oil finish on the back of the neck and that his has the (standard) ABM bridge (and that he actually preferred it, as well).

I'm gonna' see if I can look his info up, 'cause now I'm curious about what I'm recalling from whom...

13. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ya know what, your right about the hardware for sure. He was talking to us about it and mentioned someone else wanting to replace the ABM bridge with a hipshot, and I guess the Hipshot stuck in my head.

I could swear the neck was finished as well, but then again I guess I didnt spend a lot of time looking at the back lol. My memory isnt always what it used to be either hehe.

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
  15. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Cool, let me know so I can update my mental library hehe.

16. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Oh man, that is just amazing! Treat it nicely ok? :D

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Mine has an oil finished neck and an ebony fingerboard.

Mine has the Hipshot Ultralight tuners and Hipshot Style A bridge.

These are all standard features on the tigereye models.

The 'regular' Cirrus comes with Gotoh style tuners and an ABM bridge.

18. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Cleared that right up didnt ya? hehehe

19. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I think i need to change my underwear...

20. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Nah, you just need to whip out yer credit card, call/email Dyke, and hope he's not already workin' an offer. :)