Custom Conklin 5-string for sale!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eric Perry, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Hey guys....

I'm not sure I wanna do this or not, but I'm kinda putting the feelers out on my Conklin. If you might be interested, make me some offers (cash or possible trade offers).

It's a 5-string Sidewinder Conklin. Korina body, Birdseye Maple top and fretboard. Maple/Purpleheart laminate neck. Gotoh tuners, Hipshot 'A' bridge (spacing at the bridge is 19mm), Aguilar OBP-3 (volume with push/pull mid selector, blend, stacked bass/treble, and mid), and Bartolini p/u's.

The bass would come in its original Conklin case in equally good condition.

It's in almost perfect shape with little or no fret wear. It had the OBP-3 installed after I got it (I'm the second owner). I had the volume installed away from the other knobs and closer to the neck p/u for quick access (I do lots of volume swells, etc).

Overall, the bass is in close to perfect condition. I'd say an easy 9/10. There is a *small* area of dulled finish on top of the neck p/u where I rest my thumb.

I'm taking offers. Cash, trade, or both. I'm hoping to to replace the Conklin with a Roscoe, so that would be a nice trade teaser.

Cash-wise, I honestly don't know what it's worth. I do know, based on Bill Conklins price page here with the options it has (Birdseye Maple top and fretboard, and the OBP-3) the price *new* is $4,550. Bill is also running at a 9-12 month build time.

Hope that helps a bit. If anyone knows what it's actually worth, please post your thoughts, or PM me!

You can see more pics of this actual bass on Bill's website here. The bass as it sits now is pictured below...

If anyone would like any specific pics, or any info whatsoever, just give me a yell, and I'll do what I can. Thanks.

2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    free bump for an incredible bass!
  3. BigCheesy

Sep 23, 2005
  4. Here is a boatload of pics of the bass as well, if anyone is interested!

Temp. disabled due to bandwith limitations!

P.S. These will be up as long as bandwith limitations allow! Shouldn't be a problem, but who knows!
  5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Have you come up with a price for this on yet? It's gorgeous!

6. Hey Dan. Thanks for the question. I'm actually just taking offers. As I said in the first post, I'm not really sure what it's worth. If someone posts an offer that sounds good, I'll accept. That offer can come in $$$, trade, or any combination of the 2.
  7. binky

binky Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2004
    sent you an email regarding a trade for a Roscoe.
  8. fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I cannot believe you haven't sold this yet... it's such a beautiful bass.
  9. Thanks fookgub!

I'm somewhat surprised it didn't get more bites. I would like something different, but certainly have no real gripes with this bass, so if she never sells, oh well. I still have a kick-ass instrument!

Thanks for the words, man! :)
  10. For whatever reason I cannot edit the first post. Conklin's prices have changed somewhat. My link in the first post is for the 2005 prices and that link is no longer active. His 2006 bass prices are HERE. Baed on these updated prices, this bass new would be $4,950.

That'll be all. :)
  11. hanales

Jul 12, 2003
    Youngstown, OH
    Is this still available?
  12. It is still available, although I might be questioning letting it go now because of a new gig I may have recently landed where this bass would fit nicely.

Still undecided though. Hit me up if you have any questions. If you are interested, I can give you a link posting a whole bunch of high-res pics. I had it up here, but it caused a bandwith issue on my server.

I loves the carved top on that one. It was weird to see a Conklin with EMGs, I've never seen that B4.
  13. Off to the 'bay!

Also, that carved top one is back up. Being sold by the exact same guy, with the exact same ad listing/pictures (even though it "sold" a few months ago). The guy that supposedly bought it has some + feedbacks from the seller. I don't know if they were working together to try and inflate the price, or if there was/is something more fishy goin' on.

Just a heads up for anyone that might be interested!