SOLD Custom Devon Modern J5 Buckeye Burl loaded with advanced electronics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassworship1, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have one of the best basses that's ever been in my possession up for sale preferred or possible trade. It was a $3400 build + $400 extras installed by Devon himself. There was only 2 other options to get on this bass that it doesn't have such as inlays and wood pickup covers. Devon makes the best bass I've had in my hands and that's saying something. This bass has Nordstrand DC5 pickups with a custom Bartolini preamp. Each Pickup is wired series/paralell/single coil and there is a vintage active/passive tone control added by Devon on this build. It is a lightweight bass at 9.2 pounds and sounds as good as she looks. Will come in a brand new Reunion Blues Continental gigbag $200. I'm putting up for sale to purchase another Devon that he has offered me at a extreme discount.

Might consider special trades for:
    Roscoe Custom 5
    Benavente
    STR
    MTD
    Maybe others

DK3.jpg B5 (2).jpg B7 (2).jpg B20.jpg B24.jpg B25.jpg B26.jpg BB10.jpg BB11.jpg BB14.jpg DK1.jpg DK2.jpg SK1.jpg SK2.jpg SK3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Farrin D likes this.
  2. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Please post the string spacing at the bridge when you have a chance.
    Thanks.

3. Bassworship1

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    It is 18mm spacing.

4. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Gorgeous bass, mate

campbems likes this.
  5. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    PM'ed

campbems likes this.
  6. Sweet bass, Devon is an awesome builder and awesome guy.

campbems likes this.
  7. Bassworship1

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I've owned alot of basses in the 3-$6000 range from Roscoe, Benavente, Warriors, STR, Custom Bacchus, Ristola and more and these are the best I've had.

B1.jpg B2.jpg B3.jpg B4.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  8. Bassworship1

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Updated for sale only. I’m not letting this bass go unless it’s to buy the other new Devon I have my eye on. Lots of great trades thrown my way but this bass is to good for me to part with.

9. Martin T

Martin T

Mar 17, 2016
    Hi there, grr8 looking bass!
    Any interest in Gary Willis black fretless 5, 90’s Ken smith burner 5, flea jazz bass 4??
    Thanks,
    MT

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021