Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

custom Dinky J body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by toad, Oct 6, 2005.

1. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Does anybody know a manufacturer besides Warmoth and USA Custom that can do a down-sized Jazz body with the bridge pup routing a 1/2 inch back like the 70s Fenders? Warmoth says they can't move the pup rout a 1/2 inch and the USA Custom dinky J is a little too pointy looking.

Thanks.

2. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Yes, we can do this for a shop fee. Just tell us which way to move it and how far... I can never remember which way that pickup moves. We hardly ever get asked for this, so it wouldn't surpise me if one of our sales rep didn't know we did this

Sorry 'bout that!

3. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    Really? Great! I wanted to order from Warmoth anyway. Can I just tell the sales rep that when I call to order?

Also, I might as well ask this too, he told me that you guys can't mix custom colors. Is that right? I'm trying to get that light brown-mocha color from the 70s Fenders.

Thanks.

4. bpocall

bpocall

Jun 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Man, I wish this thread happened back in July. Maybe next time, I guess. :bawl:

5. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Sure, you can tell them I told you so.

We don't like mixing or matching custom paint colors though - big can of worms there. Many of those old Fender colors were standard Dupont car paints - if you can find the paint manufacturer's color number, we can sometimes try to order some in for you. More money involved here, too... :)

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Brain

Is their any plans to make a Hollow Dinky J?

7. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Since we are on the topic, are there any plans to make a 20 fret 5 string neck and body pair? That would be so awesome. Big body, 4+1 tuner array, it would look so old school and cool.

8. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    BWbass what is the status on making a short scale bass?

9. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Brian I have a few questions myself about ordering a future Gecko body. PM sent.