SOLD Custom DR Sunbeams Bass Strings 50 - 110 for sale (brand new)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Lucca, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Lucca

Lucca

Aug 30, 2022
    Scranton, PA
    Price:
    $18
    United States
    CloseUp.JPG
    Front.JPG Hi Bass Lovers,
    I recently purchased the remaining sets of brand new 4-string nickel-plated round core roundwound DR Sunbeams electric bass strings which are evidently the only ones left from a custom ordered heavier batch. Their custom gauge is 50 - 70 - 90 - 110. I have four of these brand new sets in original packaging and I'm asking $18 for each brand new set. I also have one more which I recently placed on my jazz bass and have played two short gigs with, and I will include that slightly used set if you buy all four of the brand new sets. These Sunbeans have a very flexible feel which is really different from the firm hex core feel of Lo Riders that I'm used to playing. I personally prefer the firmer feel of the Lo Riders more, so I'm selling these Sunbeams. These 50-110 sets might be perfect for bassists who prefer the round core and flexible feel of Sunbeams but would like them to be slightly heavier than their standard gauge. If interested, feel free to contact me. Thanks! :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. Lucca

Lucca

Aug 30, 2022
    Scranton, PA
    One of the new sets and the slightly used set have been sold, but I still have 3 sets of these brand new 4-string nickel-plated round core roundwound custom gauge is 50 - 70 - 90 - 110 DR Sunbeams electric bass strings.
    Asking $18 per set, $34 for two sets, or $50 for all three remaining sets.

I currently have a few other brands of bass strings for sale:

DR Lo-Rider EH-50 Stainless Steel Round Wound Hex Core Electric Bass Strings (Heavy Gauge 50-70-90-110) Brand new in box $15

Everly Music Company Bass Arctic Rockers .045 Cryogenically Treated Magenetically Active Alloy (45-65-85-105) (new old stock in open box) $10

D'Addario EXL230 Long Scale Round Wound Electric Bass Strings (Heavy Gauge 55-75-90-110) These have been cut to standard Jazz Bass length. I strung up my Jazz Bass with them, played a few notes, and took them right off. :) $12

Firewire Bass Strings Round Wound Nickel-Alloy 4-string set (45-65-85-105)
    These are new old stock Firewire bass strings which I was excited to try around 20 years ago, but never did. This string company seems to have disappeared long ago. It's a cool little piece of bass string history which I have priced as a collector's item. (new old stock in open box) $50

Thanks! :)