1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom effects loop with 3 loops-Hi/Lo/Full Band?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CopperheadLXXIX, Aug 27, 2007.

1. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Hey everybody,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows an effects loop builder who would be willing to custom make a looper with three separate loops: One that only affects the high end, another that only affects the low end, and one that would be a regular, full range loop.
    Loooper is down and I tried Barge Concepts, and initially they seemed willing, but stopped responding back after a few exchanges. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance!

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Anybody?

3. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    If you're seperately processing highs and lows, then you'd want it to put them back together at the end, right?

Joe

4. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Joe,
    Yeah, I'm thinking like the triple effects loop (hi/lo/full) that the new Trace 12 band amps have. Problem is I don't have 1500+ to throw down for a new amp, so I was hoping there was a way to have a pedal version of something similiar worked up.

5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    There's totally a less-expensive way to do it.

Let me think about it for a bit, here....

Joe

6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    how about a series of cross-overs to separate the signal by frequency.. send them out the loops...

then rejoin the signal?

7. Cheap mixer with 3 band EQ and at least 3 aux sends?

Signal splitter, 3 EQ pedals and a passive mixer?

Dozens of make-shift ways to do it, but it depends on what's practical/desirable for the OP.

8. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    crossover to split the signal into highs/lows, then a parallel out for full. effects loop for each, bring it back in with an active mixer

now you just need someone to build it for you!

9. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Thanks guys, I'll have a look see into the crossover and/or mixer ideas, though it sounds like the routing and cables might get a little cluttered that way!