Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Fbass BNF5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Jugghaid, May 23, 2005.

1. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Sorry it took so long to get this ad up here, I had to renew my supporting membership last week and it just got updated. :)

Killer bass. Ceruse ash finish, diamondwood fretboard (the first George ever made). Custom built for Adrian Garcia. I bought it from him. Has black inlaid fretlines that pretty much only the player can see. This bass is in great shape.

I am only parting with it as I'm not playing nearly as much fretless with the metal band and I think the Thin Elephants may have expired. I have a great fretless 5er (the Sentinel prototype) already, so I want something else.

Price is $2500 firm. I will take full or partial trade offers on good fretted 5 strings. Preferred are Sadowsky, G&L, MTD, Musicman, Newer Fender Pbass deluxe, Fbass, hell, any good-great 5 stringer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
  3. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    You should hear it. ;)

4. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I hate you for owning that. :p

5. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Not for too much longer. ;)

6. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    i cant believe you selling that. good luck.

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Damn, bro- you're tempting me to buy it back... trades for what , did you say ??

8. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Any good fretted 5 will be considered, bro. Be cool to see her make her way home too. :)

9. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 I STILL have the mp3 and listen to it from time to time! Man, if I didn't already have an awesome fretless... DANG! This bass DEFINITELY qualifies for the "there be magic in that thang" award.

10. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    It most certainly does. I know it was hard for Adrian to part with it when I bought it and this won't be easy, but this thing needs to be played.

11. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hmmmm, it's not mine, but maybe he'd do it for a "F Bass BN5 Natural Enhanced Ash / Maple"? ;)

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  13. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I agree, it would be cool ;)

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    LOL!

15. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Troublemaker. :D

Speaks volumes about the bass that Adrian actually wants it back though. He's one of the only guys I know who goes through basses faster than me. ;)

This baby is on hold right now. I'll let you guys know if the deal falls through.

Thanks everyone for all of your offers on all of your gorgeous basses. Talk about tough choices.

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    The man knows a great bass. My fretless Zon is another one of his "personal" acquisitions he originally didn't intend to sell (tho it's not a custom like that F). It was never even on his stock page, and has one of the best looking Bubinga tops I've seen. Easily ended my (multi-year) quest for an awesome fretless. Light as a feather, perfect action, and tone for years. :)

17. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    That's Ironoc. I'm pretty sure I have a fretted Zon on the way as partial trade on this bass. :)

18. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Oh man, if you've never done the Zon thing before, you're in for a serious treat... yes, even considering what you've already owned/played with. If you have, then pardon the moot comment. :)

PM me pics/info if you don't mind (so's not to derail the thread).

19. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I've played one before but not owned one. I was very impressed. I liked it better than my Modulus Q5.

I'll post a pic as soon as the deal is done. ;)