1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Custom Fender Blacktop with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jerVc, Feb 23, 2016.

1. jerVc

jerVc I’m the parent that your drugs warned you about

Nov 6, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Price:
    Strings:
    listing my backup as I am no longer using it and really would like to entertain trade offers. Always on the lookout for left of center effects pedals (Rainbow Machine, Great Divide, B Whammy) but certainly not limited to just that category. Please read description below and if you have any further questions feel free to send me a PM. Thanks for looking.

This originally started out as a Fender Blacktop project, but quickly Frankensteined into what you see here. The only components it shares with the Blacktop is the pick guard, wiring and pots. All configured exactly the same as the aforementioned Fender bass. That is where the similarities end. The body is a vintage alder Japanese Precision clone that has been routed to fit the existing dual J Schaller pickups, very Dimarzio PAF-ish as they have the adjustable poles. The neck is from Warmoth and is maple jazz with block inlays and binding similar to a Geddy Lee. All tuners are Hipshot Ultralites with the drop tuner added. The bridge is a Leo Quann Badass 2. Dunlop Strap buttons installed as well. Knobs are relic'd Tele/Flattop nickel. As you can see in the pics below the paint is has tons of mojo, but there are no actual cracks/damage besides a small chip to the back of the body. This bass is a player so it has all kinds of dings and dents from a serious gigging musician. That being said it had been professionally setup and strung with a set of DR Hi Beams. Compared to a stock Blacktop this bass clearly has more presence, punch and sustain. The pickups are passive, but can clearly handle drop tunings with ease. Perfect for Drop B or A tuning, but sounds great in standard as well. Comes with TKL hard case (has my bands logo on it) for safe shipping. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs, but I will be happy to box it up on my dime, and will ship out UPS. Thanks again for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Corevalay

Corevalay Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Any interest in a Fender P/J Special?

3. jerVc

Nov 6, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks for the offer, but I am good in the Fender Dept!

4. Would you consider an outright sale, or sale of parts?

Cool project, cheers!

5. jerVc

Nov 6, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Thanks! I was quite happy with the results as well. Feel free to PM me an offer and I will get back to you ASAP.