1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom Fender Jazz bass suggestions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass79cam, Sep 15, 2008.

1. pbass79cam

pbass79cam

Jun 24, 2008
    I am planning on building a Fender Jazz Bass. My current plans include buying a Fender american made jazz body, no paint. i am prob. going to paint it gold with flakes, or sparkle gold top, you know... same thing. i am having trouble finding a fender american made body with no paint. anyway, next i will get a neck. I want a black block inlay jazz neck, but i am not sure if they make an american one. if not, should i just get a geddy lee neck. next question is about the various components. I need suggestions about jazz-style pick-ups, and what type of sound each one makes. also, what are the best tuners, and bridge, etc. i was going to get a badass II, but i've heard bad things. i would still like to get one, but are there any better suggestions. If there are any other things that i did not mention, please make a suggestion. Thanks a lot for yalls help. :)

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Buy a body from www.warmoth.com :)

They can even paint it for you, I'm pretty sure they do sparkle gold.

3. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Fender does not sell parts; try Warmoth or USA Custom Guitars. There is an ebay store called The Stratosphere that sells (painted) Fender necks and bodies.

As for pickups, there is an awesome sticky at the top of the Pickups forum that will get you started on some comparisons. :)

4. pbass79cam

pbass79cam

Jun 24, 2008
    thanks for the input. i looked at warmoth... it is awesome. just a question though. is all their stuff american/custom made: bodies, necks, etc. and also, what do you think about a hipshot trem bridge for bass. and what body wood?

5. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yes, Warmoth stuff is MIA and the quality is excellent. Since you're using a sparkle finish, don't waste your money on expensive wood--alder or swamp ash is my suggestion. Check out their Showcase for good deals.

Never tried a trem bridge personally. :)