1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale CUSTOM FRETLESS WISHBASS FOR SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 49sfine, Apr 30, 2015.

1. 49sfine

49sfine

Apr 20, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Price:
    $650.00
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Up for sale is my custom order fretless Wishbass, in zebrawood. I had this bass made for me a few years back and I ordered it unfinished. This is the Fantasy model, #951, and I have put considerable time and effort into getting it to it's current condition. I am asking $650.00 which will include shipping to the continental United States. I hand fabricated the nut and bridge from wenge, and the volume knob from zebrawood. The body of this bass is zebrawood, with neck stringers of mahogany, maple and purpleheart and a wenge fingerboard. Neck is very thin (1-5/8" @ nut) and the scale length is 30" - side markers only, in copper. Pickup is a Kent Armstrong soapbar wired to a DPDT switch for parallel, split and series options, all passive. Bass is currently string with RotoSound black nylons attached to Carvin mini tuners. finish is Tru-Oil, @ 12 coats, without pore filling. (Note: Most of these photos were taken before the installation of the DPDT switch - i also have lots of in-progress photos.) I am reducing my collection of Wishbasses because I am starting to make my own basses now, need the room and also need to finance more tools. This bass does not have a Fantasy 951 030. Fantasy 951 032. Fantasy 951 024. Fantasy 951 029. IMG_5640.JPG case, but I will pack it extra carefully for safe arrival at your doorstep!

LeftyStrings likes this.
  2. Bump from a fan!

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Very cool that this led you to making your own basses. I look forward to seeing some of them.
    Meanwhile, GLWTS.

4. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I wish I could buy it, just to hang on the wall!!

5. New month bump from a Wish fan!

6. Slug Shell Basist

Slug Shell Basist Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    is this still up for sale? Im interested.

7. Don't keep us in suspense!

8. Slug Shell Basist

Slug Shell Basist Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2014
    Wisconsin
    ^right!

9. Wishbump!

10. I'm very interested. Wife 9 months pregnant, so me being interested won't make this happen. Super cool bass though!

11. So what's going on here?

12. Upstate SC Bass

Upstate SC Bass Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Greenville SC
    49s fine has completely redone 2 wishes for me and I can tell you he is the best. He does great work. Highly recommend.

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I'm sure he does great work but this thread is from 2015. He has not been on this site since May 8th 2015, he has not seen a single one of the replies in this thread.

I sure do wonder if he ever did start up his bass building business though.

14. Upstate SC Bass

Upstate SC Bass Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Greenville SC
    Oh ok. Lol I just got back on talkbass today after several years myself.
    He is around in texas I see a post from him on FB regularly.
    Good guy! Good durmmer who loves wishbasses
    I think he has set up his shop to make basses but thats all I know