1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CUSTOM ----> FT ONLY EBMM Sterling 5 BALL FAMILY RESERVE!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by spankyc52, Oct 22, 2010.

1. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Minty Minty Minty EBMM Sterling 5 that I had custom built about a year or so ago. I ordered 2 of these, one of these go on the road with me and this one sits in the studio but I realized all I have are 3 EBMM. These Family Reserves are going for 2600 dollar range on bass central I paid 2800 for this when I ordered it, the pickups are a sterling ceramic in the bridge and an alnico in the neck with a 5 position selector, it can make some really cool sounds. It has a natural all rosewood neck and fingerboard, the neck doesn't have a finish on it which is cool the more you play it the faster and smoother it gets. As for the finish it is a sparkly gold, its really pretty, our guitar player has a goldtop LP and this finish puts his to SHAME!!!! For trade only!!!! Will trade for a 4 or 5 string Vallenti, Fender Custom Shop, Sad. Metro, Elrick, R Bass, LEJ, MTD, Warrior, a Fodera NYC, US Lakland JO, Just hit me up if you have any trade bait, really want to test the waters with something else. If you have any questions hit me up. Absolutely nothing international.

DSC_0172.

DSC_0181.

DSC_0191.

DSC_0193.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/spankyc52/MusicMan/DSC_0194.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/spankyc52/MusicMan/DSC_0192.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/spankyc52/MusicMan/DSC_0182.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz340/spankyc52/MusicMan/DSC_0177.jpg

2. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    also forgot to mention, nothing fretless

3. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    Hipshot
    Just curious- what do you mean when you say it has an upgraded bridge? It looks like the normal stock EBMM bridge to my eye.

4. A local store here has one exactly like this, it's a top notch instrument.

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Rosewood board, neck and headstock? Interesting. How does that hold up as far as strength, keeping the neck straight, etc.?

6. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    I have never ever had to adjust it, I took it in as soon as I got it and had it set up with the guy that always does all my work for me and had a set of DR Fat Beams put on it, I use a heavier gauge than what came on it, it has been rock solid, I even asked Ernie Ball before I bought it about these necks, they were a limited run at the end of '09 and they have had no reported problems with them.

7. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    oh and @nicjimbass sorry for the confusion my stingray is the one with the different bridge and this one is stock MM updated in OP

8. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    You're second post was a dagger through my heart! Oh well.

9. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Sorry Dave wish I was good enough to play a fretless but I always sound like I have been playing for about 6 months when I have a few beers and try and play a fretless.

10. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Lol. Me too, that's why I had it up for sale once already and try offering it as a trade. :p

No big deal, you want what you want, nothing wrong with that. Good luck with this one. Can't imaging it hanging around for too long.

11. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    What's the weight?

12. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Mr Steve it is 8.2lbs on my trusty health-o-meter bathroom scale, already had 2 great offers to think about keep them coming.

13. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Wow, that's light. I do like Sterlings but I have a good 5'er already. But I also have a bass for trade that I never play. Hmm...

14. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    I have two Ball Family Reserve all rosewood necks and I LOVE 'em !!!!!!!

This is a gorgeous bass !

15. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    No one seems to want my Fender Custom Shop Jazz. Maybe a trade would be better than sitting on a bass I never play.

16. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    possible trade in the works anyone have any last minute offers?

17. spankyc52

spankyc52

Jul 16, 2009
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Traded mods please close