Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom graphite Jazz bass FT

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tim Cole, May 24, 2004.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Since I need a nice 5'er right quick, I decided to put a price. $850 takes it as-it-is, and pictured a few posts down with the chrome/tort setup. I have a set of vintage reissue Lindy Fralin's on order, I would swap for the EMG's if you would rather have them. I just pulled it out of the bag tonight to find a dead battery. I am unsure if it is because I left the retro switched to active, or if the EMG's might be a constant drain they are wired? I am not sure, and the passive fralins on order will take care of this, even if that is occuring. Priced at a steal to move quick, and I can accept paypal, with no further charges. Let me know if you want this, it is going to move quick.

Well over $1400 worth of parts here, and just assembled in the last week. The pics show all gold hardware, but the body now has a chrome gotoh 201 bridge, black j-retro knobs, and a tort guard, for a more traditional look. If preferred, I can swap it all back to as it is pictured. I also have a complete gold control plate with an EMG pre, complete with black knobs, if you wanted to knock a couple bucks worth of trade equity (me keeping the j-retro), or I could include it in additional. All parts were bought new with the exception of the J-retro, and final completion was a week ago. Slight wear, and a couple small dings from storing the parts, one weekends gigs, and assembly. New TI Flats, with an hours worth of time on them installed. I can upload some pics with the chrome/tort tomorrow, I am at work at the moment and don't have access to them. Open to bass trade offers, but not looking for anything too J or P-ish. I'm not expecting Sadowsky money out of this, but I would put it up against any sadowsy you can find. Will trade down plus a few bucks on your part, or sideways. Serious offers only please (no MIM's, Ibanez, ESP, Schecter) Shoot me an email at Racer48m@aol.com, or drop me a PM. Thanks!

Here's what we have here:
    -Warmoth ONE piece ash body, painted gloss black by Warmoth (new)
    -EMG vintage JV pups (new)
    -J-retro preamp (mint used)
    -Gotoh bridge (your choice gold or chrome, both for additional)
    -Lefty Moses graphite neck (new, drilled and installed by me)
    -Hipshot gold ultralite tuners (new)
    [​IMG]

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    How come you're selling it tim?

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Boredom more than anything, I enjoy projects, and this one is done. I really prefer more of a bright agressive tone to a more vintage sound. Don't get me wrong, it's a great bass, just not for me....seeing what my other options are.

Tim

4. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    I feel lucky for whoever gets that bass. :cool: And might I ask where you got that pickguard from? It looks amazing, and I need to find out where you got it for a friend :ninja:

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm not sure where the guard came from, it was with the lot of parts I bought to put this together. It's not currently on the bass, and I make a trade without it, I would be willing to part with this one for cheap. Also, check ebay, there are some good pickguard makers selling stuff like that pretty cheap.

Tim

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Thanks Smash, I thought the same thing until I laid eyes on this one, pretty sharp. I did as mentioned, change it over to chrome and tort though, it was nice gold, but still a little too bling-bling for my tastes.

BTW, deal pending with the dead king

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Very sharp. If I didnt have a new Valenti on the way Id be really tempted.

Those are killer pickups by the way. Just thought Id give potentioal buyers the heads up.

Peace
    Nick

8. I am really confused by the flats on a graphite neck!?!?!?!? If you want a more aggressive tone, go with rounds. I can't imagine that this bass would have anywhere near a vintage tone with EMG's and a graphite neck.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Those EMG's are their vintage model and sound a lot more like what youd expect from a vintage bass than the EMGs you are probably used to. I have them on a bass an they kill.

Peace
    Nick

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Why be confused? Tim is selling the bass, not looking for advise on getting a different sound. I assure you he knows how to get any sound he is looking for.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Now available again. Drop email, or PM with trade offers.

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Updated pics, as it currently resides......

[​IMG]