Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Grilles

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 7, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm looking to get custom grilles for my GK bass cabs, does anyone know any companies who do or can make these?

2. I'm going to bump this for you, because my friend is looking at getting some too, but doesn't know where to look :p

Talk about an old post..

By the way, Welcome to TB :D

3. Lunchbox4u_6

Lunchbox4u_6 Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Have you considered doing it yourself? I guess if you wanted some sort of custom design that could be tricky, but just doing a grill should be pretty easy I would think.

4. Yeah - I was looking for a place to make some grills for me at a decent price, and just yesterday saw the link on TB in the advertisement banner for Reliable Hardware. They offer different options for material, and you just put in the measurements and it gives you an instant quote - that's nice. Much better than sending off for a custom quote and waiting.

Lucky for me, they are out of Los Angeles, so I can probably go pick them up if I place an order (and avoid shipping - though incur sales tax). Prices seem reasonable - but start to get expensive if you want the edges crimped.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Parts Express have the metal grilles which I am assuming you mean. Bass_masta16 Audio Hardware here in Toronto, St Clair and O Connor, can get these made for you.

Paul

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I ordered from Reliable recently and couldn't be happier with their products and service.

I have a console for a 61" Samsung DLP TV that came with frosted glass inserts on the two doors. I think they're around 13"x17" each. I've had no luck finding the perforated metal grill material until I saw the banner ad for Reliable Hardware. I went to their site, put in the measurements, it priced them for me and I ordered them. Total shipped to Maryland... $38. Sweet. For a custom size.

The grills arrived double wrapped and firmly attached to a section of plywood (with reinforced tape) which was then wrapped in corrugated carboard. Excellent packing. I installed them, they fit great and look great. I also bought four cabinet corners, great price on those too.

I will be using them again. Highly recommended.

7. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    I once removed the speaker board from a 12" combo guitar amp and wrapped a t-shirt around it, stapled and remounted. Kittyhawk tube amp with Larry the cucumber smiling at everyone.:bag: