Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom Inlaid Pickguards?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Nick man, I hope you don't mind me using a pic of your stunning Ibanez!

[​IMG]

That pickguard strikes me as being so cool, and I think you could do some really cool things with Inlaid pickguards, and would looke really cool on a number of different basses. The possibilities are endless, I can envision so many cool basses with inlaid pickguards!

My question is, is there anyone that inlay's pickguards out there? I sure hope so, cause I have some crazy ideas going on in my head. Anyone know of anyone?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IMO any place that can do inlays period, is capable of inlaying in this.

What about just getting a B/W/B pickguard engraved so the white layer shows through?

3. thlayli

thlayli

May 8, 2005
    Cross Lanes, WV
  4. spyingcracker

spyingcracker

May 27, 2004
  5. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    By inlaid pickguard, I believe he meant a pickguard that has inlay on it, not a pickguard inlaid into the body.

6. I know Bud of LeCompte basses does inlaid pg's... but they're wooden, not the plastic-y kind. They look very smooth.

~Ryan

7. Yeah that's what I mean.

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    *ping* Roger at Jeannies and tell him I sent ya...he's kooky like that!! He's got like glow in the dark material as well as nitro tort. He's a good bro...

http://home.comcast.net/~pickguards/

9. The Dude, being helpful on TB? I thought you were just here to make snide remarks about Bongos! ;)

Just kiddin man, thanks for the info! But does he do just pickguard engraving, or does he do inlaying too?

10. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I'm not sure what all he does or doesn't do but he's got all sorts of materials...zip him an email or call him. He's a cool dude to talk to and he digs what he does and it shows. I mainly use him for Lakland Skyline guards in traditional materials like brown tort or mint green but he has a new one in stock that I like a lot called "Cream Pearl" which is like an aged moto:

http://www.vintagebass.com/thedudepit/showthread.php?t=2167&page=1

11. I emailed him and he only does engraving, dangit!

Anyone know anyone else?