Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

custom itch...of the ritter variety.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blauerhaken, Feb 5, 2003.

1. blauerhaken

blauerhaken

May 8, 2001
    great lakes
    i'm itching for a custom ritter. my question is, for those of you who have ordered custom basses of whatever make, how do you endure the wait, anywhere from 2 to ?? months (apparently 8-10 on ritter)? seems like it would be pretty painful...but worth it. any thoughts on ritters, or any customs in general?

2. Ritters look absolutely amazing. If you can afford one, I'd get one in a heart beat. The marble and the gold finish bother look really sweet.

3. Hey, if it is the bass for you, then it is worth the wait. If you have played them and like them, then the wait will be worth it. If there is a chance that you will not like them, then the wait will only add to the disappointment, I would think.

I waited about a year for my custom Dingwall 6 String. Do I wish it wouldn't have taken so long? Of course, I wish I had received it the day I ordered it. Was it worth the wait? Oh yeah!!!

Geoff

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    My god, ive had GAS for a ritter ever since i saw that beauty on the front homepage of the site. How mucg does one cost aprox? I wish i knew,,, man, i'm a 4 banger pcik player,,,but if i had one of those things,,, i would just bath in it's glorious tone for years and years...................

I want a Ritter.

5. blauerhaken

blauerhaken

May 8, 2001
    great lakes
    They are beauties. Some pretty interesting models and finishes, too (not to mention the trem...). I can just imagine checking my email hourly, every day, for a YEAR, hoping for any kind of update.

me: is it finished yet!? is it finished yet!?

ritter: We just installed a tuning machine. five more months.

me: WOO HOO! can you send some photos!?!?

How can one stand a year of waiting? It must seem so long...