Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom JD ???.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, May 6, 2004.

1. Neone hehe i kinda dig it big stylleeee tho i know it wont perform in my hardcore/alt indie band

hehe

2. JDGA fan

JDGA fan

Oct 9, 2003
    NC
    I have seen it up once before and the previous seller described it as a Calibas, someone from Switzerland I believe, which it most definitely is not. It might have been a custom order, but equally someone may have bought a 5-string GA24 back into JD and had him add the presence control in what was originally the hole for the jack and relocate the jack socket to the lower bout. The old rotary position selector could also have been replaced with the touch pad at the same time. Looks nice though. It is missing the truss rod cover and looks like the strap button has been relocated from the side position to the tailpeice and the old hole filled. The description is not entirely accurate though - it does not have the "scalloped forearm chamfer" seen on the Calibas model, nor does it have "SN 2000 pick-ups in black urethane resin encapsulations". They may be replacement (SN 2000) P/U's, introduced a couple of years back, but I doubt it. They are definitely not in resin encapsulation (read black plastic), but are the age correct wooden covers. Caveat emptor I suppose.