Custom knobs going to 11?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mr M, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Is there any firm doing custom knobs for the bass?

I plan to have some knobs with numbers on it (like the Gibsons) going from 0 to 11..

Because when I'm on ten and need more volume, I want to go to eleven :D

I'm serious about it, I'd like to use some Spinal Tap-ish knobs on my bass, as I can't print numbers on a knob myself if you know any company doing custom knobs I'd be grateful to hear about it, I'll try my chance to order if their prices don't go to eleven as well :D :D :D
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That would be great!
  3. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Why don't you just put Gibson knobs on it?
  4. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Gibson knobs don't actually go to eleven. I think he's referring to the style of knobs that Gibson puts on their instruments. And no offense but I'm quite for sure that just adding a number to your knobs will not give you more volume. It will just put a smaller distance between all the other numbers.;)

EDIT: Sounded confusing in a part
  5. Yes you're right, I meant this..

OK, I'm not offended. You are absolutely right and that's the point :D

Have you seen the movie "This is Spinal Tap"? If not it's one clever and funny movie that I may suggest you to check!
  6. Hmmm, And i suppose you want a bass with immense sustain.... even when its not plugged in! :rolleyes:

Ahh what a movie.

Don't make me move this. lol

7. How did you know that? :D the sustain should go mmmmmmmmmmmmm....

And I'm pretty sure I won't like people even to point my bass then :cool: :D :D

But I'm serious about the knobs..
  8. Much rather let them look at it. It'd be too special, you shouldnt even take off the original tags :D ;)
  9. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Why don't you just make "10" louder? :D
  10. Actually, a company does manufacture exactly what you're looking for. I saw them a month or so ago at a local store here in Rhode Island. I think maybe AllParts made them? I'll call the store and find out
  11. :D

But 11 would still be one louder, wouldn't it? :p

The early QSC 1500s had attenuator knobs that went to 11. In honour of the Tap apparently. But the numbers were silk screened on the amp not the knob. Sorry. I'm sure someone makes them though.
  12. Yeah i think in an interview Harry Shearer said marshall made one that "went to 11" but it kinda soured the joke. lol

...It was more of a stain really, not so much a green globule on the drum stool..."
  13. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    My dinky Quantum 1x10 25W combo amp actually goes to 11 on all knobs on it. I always thought it was funny (the only reason I keep it).
    The company must have meant it as a joke, but my little amp goes to 11

14. Hahaha the biggest sounding midget! :p

15. Any news RedBassMan?
  16. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    The knobs on Marshall JCM900 heads go to 20 if that's any help... :D
  17. Raise the dead!!!!
    Well I remembered I've once opened a thread for this years ago. Check my new avatar. Those knobs going to eleven are available from DiMarzio and I had them from ebay, if you are interested.
    The next question is how much more black my bass can be...
  18. NoNoise

NoNoise Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Did it take you 5 and a half years to find the knobs?!
  19. Yes, it did. I stopped all my vital activities meanwhile and voila, I am one louder :D:D:D
  20. Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    None. None more black.