1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom Made bas

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by moonrays00, Jan 9, 2012.

1. moonrays00

moonrays00

Oct 7, 2011
    i just love how this fender cowpoke looks since its hard for me to find one i decided ill make a my own with a help of my friend

problem is im not that knowledgeable about bass that much thats why i need your help guys

you can hook up with advices too

im sorry if im being a noob :(

i was just wondering if a fender cowpoke with a fender deluxe controls since i was planning on hooking up with an active pick up

2. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    have you thought about warmoth or usacg?

3. moonrays00

moonrays00

Oct 7, 2011
    yeah thought about that. but for now i was thinking about the pickups and hardware im confused tried researching but still am

4. It looks like just a '51 P with a PJ setup, and a slightly different pickguard. The shape of the body should be easy, since it's essentially just a P body. How are you thinking of getting the pickguard? Because it seems like something would most likely have to be done custom, unless you just want to put the standard '51 pickguard on it.

5. moonrays00

moonrays00

Oct 7, 2011
    yeah i think im gonna search those kinds of pickguard. i was thinking a pickguard like modern player telecaster bass but w/ a blank pickguard but its just so hard to find one since the model is new >.<

another question

lauan woods do any good for bass?