Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom made Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BigD86, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Does anyone have any ideas about wbesites that I can go to so I can talk with or E-Mail some one about getting my own custome made bass guitar? Or even a place where I can do this?:: bassist: :meh: :hyper:

2. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    LoL, someone delete that link. Warmoth in my opinion would be the best and cheapest route of getting your own custom bass built. Or, you can get a endorsement by some brand that will build you your own. Other thent hat im sure anyone will build you a custom bass for the right price. Look for local luthiers in your area or find a good luthier on the net. Sadowsky or Benevante I believe make custom bass'. Also check out carvin,fender, and conklin.

3. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
  4. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Dave Pushic will respond personally to all inquires and very promptly too. I was thinking about having him make me a bass, and he took the time to answer all of my questions. He seemed like a very cool guy. Unfortunatley, I needed the money I saved for something else, and ended up not buying from him, but if I need to get a custom built in the future, I will email him first.

5. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I believe Xavier got a rather nice custom bass in between the 1k$-2K$ range from Kinal Custom Basses

6. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    You'll get a pretty long list if you go to Sean McMillin's PlayTheBass databass and search on Basses and Gear --> Luthiers.

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Dude, that's just wrong!:p :D

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    http://www.hillinstruments.com
    Jon Hill is a luthier right here in Cleveland who makes great basses. He'll be starting work on a fretless 6 for me later this month.

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    In addition to the others already listed, you may wanna try....

In the $1,800 - $4,000 range try

Hanewinckel

In the $2,200 - $5,000 range try

Jerzy Drozd

In the "I'm filthy rich, money is no object range" try

Alembic
    (be sure to click on the "Club" link and see some of the customs through the whole manufacturing progress)

In the "I wanna be like JT" range, try

Conklin

Happy Huntin' :bassist:

Peace,

James

11. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Bryan, looks like everything is working out in the positive direction for you now :D

I will get you those pictures I told you I would.....

12. If you can put up with the shipping charges you might want to check out
    Wal basses found at www.walbasses.com and
    Sei basses found at www.seibass.com both built in the UK.

Have fun choosing from a very long list of excellent craftsfolk.:bassist:

Regards

Matthew

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I spent the past week really (really) going over my options, and I found this to be the best route. I'm starting a new thread about it shortly where you'll be mentioned VERY highly :)

14. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002
    Drop us a line if you wish.....

15. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
  16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga