1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom made Singlecut Fodera Replica/Copy...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kuuuks, Jul 26, 2017.

1. kuuuks

kuuuks Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Hi folks,
    I was online browsing and came across a luthier who had some singlecutbasses listed for sale they looked interesting but the woods where not what I was looking for so I emailed him and requested a custom build with Birdseye maple but thought that might not work but surprisingly he said he can make it and sent me a picture of one he was making for a German guy that had ordered one so after about a week of talking I decided to go ahead and order one..The guy literally sent me pictures of the build everyday just to show me updates, I finally received the bass about a week ago and boy am I impressed....The price was good for what I got it for, I'm willing to replace the preamp and pickups with some highend ones and I also have a highmass omega bass bridge that I've already installed on there, even though it came with Warwick 2 band preamp I have a different tone in mind....below are some pics and sound test when I got it....

IMG_1593.PNG IMG_1596.PNG

Attached Files:

RobTheRiot likes this.
  2. scuzzy

scuzzy

Feb 15, 2006
    Troy, MO
    That looks great! Congrats on the bass, I hope it is one you can keep for a lifetime.

3. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    That's a beauty!! I really love the design of the neck / body transition, looks great with contrasting woods! Also an excellent selection of woods - the figuring on the fretboard is gorgeous!
    It sounds like she makes some pretty cool sounds too! Ha! (Sometimes these basses look so good it's crazy they sound good as well!)
    Congratulations!!
    Hope she gives you many years of happiness!

4. The wood looks great. How's the hardware and pickups? A lot of factories have difficulty sourcing those parts.