Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom(?) Marcus Miller on Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hollow Man, May 23, 2005.

1. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
  2. It's not a "series." The Fender website used to have a LOT more info on their Custom Shop, but from what I gathered, they have their Custom Shop basses (as listed on the website), the Team Built (built buy a team of Fender CS builders), and Master Built (built by a single, top CS builder). The Master Built guitars and basses are the highest-level (cost, quality, etc.) Fenders that can be bought. I'm open to corrections, as this is just what I read a few years ago, but that's as much as I know.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    IIRC Todd Krause is the builder of Clapton's instruments as well.

4. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    HOT HOT HOT
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    That bass is hot! The price sounds very fair if all of the "Master Built" information is accurate, regardless of whether or not Marcus played it.

Edit: By "HOT", I mean awesome. I'm not implying that it is illegal in any way.

5. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    How do we know it was built for Marcus? Just because he says so? :confused:

6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I actually played this bass and yes it did belong to/was built for Marcus Miller.

It does have a bit of "Mojo" going on. It sure isn't your typical Fender thats for sure. It does have that custom made feel FWIW.
    The pick-ups are pretty sweet and it does play nice as hell.

It belonged to a friend of mine here in the Detroit area. I had a chance to buy it, but bought his Fodera instead!
    He added the pin stripes--- UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    its about the whole combo, that pickguard doesnt serves that blondee as good as a tort or white perloid will.
    Ill take it for 1300USD just because i would re paint it to white or natural.

8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I played that bass at Motor City Guitar. It's a pretty sweet bass, but you're getting into Sadowsky territory for that kind of money...

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I played it too, and allthough it was the second best Fender 5 I've ever played, I would not have traded my Metro for it.