Custom Maruszczyk Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by samcrabtree01, Mar 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi all,

So I've decided on my custom Elwood C. What do you think?

Question is...How do I decide on pickups/preamp?

I think I'd prefer 3 band EQ but torn between Delano, Noll, Aguilar for preamp but no idea which pups. So many options!

Difficult to make a decision without hearing them side by side.

Any advice?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. BassmanM

BassmanM

Feb 17, 2011
    Hamburg, Germany
    This is very little info. What are your sound preferences? Have you watched all the relevant demo videos on Maruszczyk's YouTube channel?

3. Thanks for the response.

In terms of tone I definitely prefer a more modern hi-fi sound then vintage. Something punchy and snappy.

I'm working my way through his videos.

BassmanM likes this.
  4. I feel that the black bass being played by Wojtek has some good snap to it:

It has Delano JC4AL pickups and Sonar 2-band preamp. I’m sure a Sonar 3-band would kill...

samcrabtree01 likes this.
  5. davisbass

davisbass

Aug 18, 2015
    I put a Delano sonar 3 with mid switch in a yamaha bb614. It's a killer preamp. Even with the stock pick ups.. If its the hifi sound your after, the sonar 3 will deliver..

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021