1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Custom Minnieweather Sugaman 4 string SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Carver, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, this one is going to hurt, but I am in the middle of a very difficult move, and some of my toys have to go to make room for a new bass and pay the bills

This is a 4-string Sugaman model built by David Minnieweather out of Portland, OR. If memory serves me correctly, this was a NAMM showpiece in 2005 or 2006. It was previously owned by Jake Kot and can be seen on the cover of one of his albums(David has the pic and some sound clips on his website http://www.minnieweatherbasses.com). I'm looking to get $1100 for it and I'll cover insured shipping. It will also include a soft case.

Specs:
    African Mahogany body
    Burled redwood top and back
    Pao Ferro fretboard and tuning keys
    24 fret wenge neck (asymetrical neck construction w. 19mm spacing)
    Custom Bartolini 4-band pre w. active/passive and a really nifty mid boost switch)
    Custom Bartolini soapbar pickups

Cosmetically, I'd rate this bass a 8.5/10. It does have a few superficial scratches, but overall, it is in really great shape. David has offered to refinish the bass, but I really don't think it needs it. Anyone who has played it has fallen in love with it right away. The preamp and pickups were custom built for the bass and have an unbelievable variety of tones. This is by far the best sounding Bartolini setup I've ever owned.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (563) 505-7433. For the time being, I am staying in Peoria, IL. If you live nearby and would like to come by and check it out that will be fine. I will accept payment in te forms of money order, paypal eCheck, or personal check (must allow time to clear). Thanks for looking!

2. :eek: Beautiful bass!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.