Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Custom NAMM 1989 Musicman Stingray 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jobu3, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    SOLD! :bassist:

Dayglo pink (looks more like fluorescent orange) with highly figured maple neck and board. Alnico Pick-up. 3-way pick-up selector. 3 way preamp. Some belt-buckle rash (didn't show up in the pics) and a couple dings which are pictured. This bass sounds absolutely ferocious. Low action with a tight and focused B-string. Comes with black p-guard that makes it look more pink'ish and a sturdy HSC.

I'm asking $1150 shipped to the 48 or best reasonable offer. I'll accept trades for the right 4-string. I like unlined fretless and traditional basses. I'm looking to free up cash so let's make the offers a bass + cash on your end. I may also be interested in portable but reasonably loud combos.

Pictures: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8650925&uid=2208240&members=1

PM me with questions and offers. :bassist:

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Trade fell through so it's still available.

Sorry but I'm not all that interested in trades for maple boarded basses either. Just not typically my thing... :cool:

3. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    Man, I love the neck on that bass! That is one of the good ones. I bet is sounds brutal!
    I may have to talk to you about that bass..........

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It does sound brutal! It has the punchiest, growliest ripping tone of any maple boarded bass I've played.

Also, the strap-lock button on the top horn has been moved 1/2 an inch. It looks like the origional screw broke off at some point. It's still in there and doesn't look like it's going anywhere... The wood is not broken or anything although the paint is chipped away and the button is firmly in place in it's new home.

EDIT: Pix updated...

Also, the Lakland in the pix is spoken for so it's not available.

5. Ken Handy

Ken Handy

Jul 24, 2005
    Do you still have the SR5?

6. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    No dude, look up top. It's sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.