Custom P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ndjx, Mar 6, 2002.

1. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I want a Fender P-bass with a Jazz neck, who could build it for me? I heard about Warmoth but is this possible? How much would it cost?
  2. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

You can get a G&L SB-2 with a jazz-width neck and either a 7-1/2" or 12" radius. It's a P-J, made in the US by Leo Fender's last musical instrument company. Under $800 new from the right source.

You can get the Fender P of your choice and have a replacement neck (Warmoth, Fender parts) put on it.

You could buy a P and a J, swap necks and sell the leftovers.

You can get a Lakland Bob Glaub with a narrow neck. Expensive but nice.

The discontinued Fender California Precision Specials were P-Js with jazz necks.

Just some ideas.
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, Wormoth would probally be your best bet. And yes it it possible. I dont know how much it would cost. There are a lot of people on here that have built basses with parts from there. Theyll probally be able to help you more.
  4. I'm sending you email about one....
  5. ChlkDstTtr

ChlkDstTtr Guest

Feb 15, 2002
    Seacoast New Hampshire
  6. You can also buy a Fender Precision Deluxe if you don't mind a PJ pick up configuration, and if you're not a purist who wants his Fenders to be made in USA, not Mexico. I've tried a few briefly, and they all played really nice, and they're quite inexpensive.