Custom P/MM 5 String F/S or trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Reverend G-Money, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Tryin again, i got pics now.....

Custom 5 string Precision P/MM configuration, built by Fred Marotta of Naked Guitars in San Diego. Hand-rubbed oil finish Alder body (kinda cool old school natural), Bird's eye maple neck, rosewood board. Brown tortoise shell pickguard. Bartolini 5 string P pup and Basslines MM pup, Passive electronics, both pups wired wide open with only one knob, for volume. Speaks very clearly through loud guitars and heavy rock drums. since it's passive it's also delicate enough for a jazz gig... $500 or trade.

4x10 Cab (4ohm) SWR, Ampeg, Eden ETC..
    1x15 Cab (8ohm)
    MTD Kingston Heir 5 (either type of fretboard)
    MTD K5 (only newer with preamp or an older with a preamp installed)
    Or a 6 string.. never had one so i figured what the heck.. Conklin GT6 or Ibanez or soemthing like that.. will throw in a few bucks if necessary.

I'll be happy drive from San Diego to LA for the right deal, no problem... let me know!!!
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Any kind of switching to solo the pickups? How is the B string? Is it a 34" or 35" scale?

3. The B string is 34" scale but it's string thru body so it's better than an average Fender. from a scale of 1-5 the B on my '97 MIA Jazz V is a 3.5 this one is a solid 4. The pickups are not able to be soloed, however if that's a concern there is enough room to add a pot in the cavity. I get a "stringray-esque" tone by the bridge and a really round thump by the neck. It's really about hand placement....