Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom paint job for Yamaha Attitude?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by muncie, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Hello kind people,
    I read this board daily and I would like thank everyone for their insights, wisdom and entertainment.

I thought I'd throw out this idea for fun and discussion.
    I'm not real crazy about the sea foam green paint job on my Yamaha ATTD LTD II and was wondering if it is conceivable to have the body re-painted/finished to look something like this (outside of Photoshop)
    please see attachment. The Attitude has an alder body which I don't know what looks like unpainted. Just wondering if its possible...and the possible sound effects of changing the finish...
    Anyone done this to their guitars?

thanks for reading my post.
    Peas, Muncie

Attached Files:

2. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Of course it's conceivable, although you would definitely want to get it done professionally, and it would probably cost an arm an a leg to do so. If you can't find someone who does guitar finishing in your area, you can always try the guys at your local auto body shop. Many people on here have had their basses refinished by car painters with great results, but hefty price tags also.
    I really dig the seafoam though, but that's my opinion. :)

-Alex

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I say stick with Seafoam, but thats just my opinion as well.

I love green.

4. Really, from what I've seen (although I'm nowhere near an expert), paint jobs start at around $200. On websites anyway. And I'm not familiar with Yahama's, but my advice would be only to get that painted if you plan on keeping that guitar for awhile, or if you want have a good source of income. I mean, I would go ahead and do that, but that's just because I'm a pack rat and don't like getting rid of something.

And I agree with you, I'm not too much into sea foam green.

5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    what happened to the output jacks?

6. Charmand G

Charmand G

Nov 30, 2005
    Norway
    I think your Attitude looks much better with that paintjob. I can`t stand that seafoam-finish, but if you get yourself a "Mark Hoppus"-sig Fender they would look like a nice couple. :D

7. sorry,I forgot to add them in my hasty photoshop job.
    maybe i'll post the actual photo if/and when i get it done. i'm a little reluctant right now to go ahead with the refinish primarily because i'm afraid of what the bare wood looks like underneath the paint.
    thanks everybody for your comments, i appreciate it.
    peace, muncie