1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Custom pickguards

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Kipp Harrington, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Does anyone know of some sites other that Greasy Groove, Axetreme Creations, Pickguardian... that have custom pickguards for a Fender Jazz Bass. Just wanted to check out what’s available out there.

2. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Custom in what way. Exotic material, engraved? There was a guy recently on ebay selling guards cut from actual carbon fiber and there was another guy a while back doing aluminum and titanium guards, but they were all kinda high.
    WD Music also has a wide selection of styles and materials, and they quoted me a price for a one piece jazz guard and control plate cut from faux CF so they do guards to order. I’ve bought several J guards from them and they’ve always been good.
    Another thing to consider is CNC routers are fairly common in woodworking shops these days so if you have a place like Woodcrafters locally, they keep a list of wood workers for hire and if one had a CNC router they could cut you a guard from any number of materials.

3. Thanks so much for the info! I will keep this on mind.

fhm555 likes this.