1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Custom PickguardS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PunkerTrav, Jan 17, 2002.

1. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Is it possible to find a paickguard for a yamaha RBX 260?? I had a cool idea.. My bass is blue and i think it might look pretty sharp with a red or cream coloured guard. the problem is havent been ablt to track any down. If anyone could enlighten me as to some places to look i would be very happy.

Thanks
    Travis

2. If they don't make it you can send them a tracing - they can make anything.

allan

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Allen is right. I know that WD will cut any pickguard you want as long as you send them a tracing.

4. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    cool. thanks guys.. one more question. What should I keep in mind while making one of these tracings?

5. Ever think of making one youself?It's not too hard if you have a router, just make a template from baltic birch plywood and use a tracer bit and your done.Pretty simple stuff if you have any woodworking ability.

6. Punker asked

cool. thanks guys.. one more question. What should I keep in mind while making one of these tracings?

I don't know - but they do have a pretty good readme on how to make a tracing to send them.

allan

7. I only only skimmed the instructions, but it seems all you have to do is take the pickguard off and trace it on a piece of paper