Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Custom PickguardS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PunkerTrav, Jan 17, 2002.

1. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Is it possible to find a paickguard for a yamaha RBX 260?? I had a cool idea.. My bass is blue and i think it might look pretty sharp with a red or cream coloured guard. the problem is havent been ablt to track any down. If anyone could enlighten me as to some places to look i would be very happy.

Thanks
    Travis

2. If they don't make it you can send them a tracing - they can make anything.

allan

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Allen is right. I know that WD will cut any pickguard you want as long as you send them a tracing.

4. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    cool. thanks guys.. one more question. What should I keep in mind while making one of these tracings?

5. Ever think of making one youself?It's not too hard if you have a router, just make a template from baltic birch plywood and use a tracer bit and your done.Pretty simple stuff if you have any woodworking ability.

6. Punker asked

cool. thanks guys.. one more question. What should I keep in mind while making one of these tracings?

I don't know - but they do have a pretty good readme on how to make a tracing to send them.

allan

7. I only only skimmed the instructions, but it seems all you have to do is take the pickguard off and trace it on a piece of paper